Documents Required to file I-130

rjo1

Registered Users (C)
Hi!

I am a GC Holder filing just the I-130 for my wife with California Service Center.

Besides I-130 form and G-325 A, I would like to know what other documents I need to send them. I have a small list as of now.

1). Utility Bill
2). Marriage Certificate of India - will this be ok?
3). Combined Tax Returns - how many years?
4). Birth Certificate of our child born in the US
5). Wife, H1b documents - are they required.
6). Any paychecks required.

Please clarify the extent of documentation we need to send with I-130.
Do I need a lawyer to accurately do the paperwork.

Thank you.
--

rjo1 said:
Hi!

I am a GC Holder filing just the I-130 for my wife with California Service Center.

Besides I-130 form and G-325 A, I would like to know what other documents I need to send them. I have a small list as of now.

1). Utility Bill
Not required
2). Marriage Certificate of India - will this be ok?
Yes
3). Combined Tax Returns - how many years?
Not required
4). Birth Certificate of our child born in the US
Not required
5). Wife, H1b documents - are they required.
Not required
6). Any paychecks required.
Not required

Dont forget...
Passport Photos for both husband and wife
copy of front and back of petitioner's green card
Completed G-325A for both husband and wife

Please clarify the extent of documentation we need to send with I-130.
Do I need a lawyer to accurately do the paperwork.
If you read instructions carefully, you dont need a lawyer. But its finally your call whether you want to use a lawyer or not

Thank you.
--

ari4u - Thank you for the answer.

Since my wife is on H1B in the US, I will be providing those details in the I-130

My wife is on leave for 3 months till March because we just had a baby.

If I file I-130 in Jan, will they check her current H1B status, whether she is getting a paycheck, whether she has ever been out of status etc..

I am trying to avoid any issues.

Thanks again.

rjo1 said:
ari4u - Thank you for the answer.

Since my wife is on H1B in the US, I will be providing those details in the I-130

My wife is on leave for 3 months till March because we just had a baby.

If I file I-130 in Jan, will they check her current H1B status, whether she is getting a paycheck, whether she has ever been out of status etc..

I am trying to avoid any issues.

Thanks again.
If she is still on the company payroll and can get a letter from the employer, there should be no problem. She has to maintain her own legal status till the PD is current (thats ~3-4 years). Illegal status is forgiven only for the spouse of a USC.

Photograph for I-130

Today we had mine and my wife's photographs clicked at Sears. She gave us 4 photos each as per requirement on 1 sheet on film paper. They were not cut out. She mentions that we have to send the photos as is without cutting them.

The sheet also has writings on the side of each of the 4 photos, saying dimensions should be 1 inch....... etc...

1). We are not sure about how to send the photos.

2). In the I-130 form, it mentions on 7(A)(4) - "Except for your name and signature, you do not have to repeat on the Form G-325 A the information given on your I-130 petition".

So what does this mean - do we not completely fill out the G-325 A form. Do we just write our name and sign it.

Thank you
--

Do I need to submit Birth certificate with I-130 ??

When GC holder is filing I-130 for spouse:

1). Do I need to submit my Birth certificate with the I-130.
2). Do I need to submit my wife's Birth certificate with the I-130.

I see a lot of talk about birth certificates. When is it actually required??

Thanks.
--