Documents proving under 90 days of unemployment

maru58

Hi everyone, I have a question regarding proving employment. I'm working full time now there in the first 4 months of my OPT I worked as an research assistant for my professor at my university (She wanted me to extend my thesis to make it a paper to be published).

I worked 20 hours/week but since I didn't have to come in the office everyday (I just worked at home on assignment and sent in the report/paper every week, plus we met every week to discuss the paper and assign me new things to do), I didn't have timesheet or anything. My 2 professors can verify my employment. And I had submitted my work (the paper) to the journal. Which documents should I provide the USCIS in my case? Thanks very much.

Hi everyone, I have a question regarding proving employment. I'm working full time now there in the first 4 months of my OPT I worked as an research assistant for my professor at my university (She wanted me to extend my thesis to make it a paper to be published).

I worked 20 hours/week but since I didn't have to come in the office everyday (I just worked at home on assignment and sent in the report/paper every week, plus we met every week to discuss the paper and assign me new things to do), I didn't have timesheet or anything. My 2 professors can verify my employment. And I had submitted my work (the paper) to the journal. Which documents should I provide the USCIS in my case? Thanks very much.

So far I have:

For employment 1 (Part-time research assistant for my professor - volunteer): My professor's letter saying that I worked for her for 20 hrs/week during the period and that I was working on a paper to be published in which I am the main author, word document with information about the title of the job, job description, work hours, my professor's contact information; which I can have my professor signed this document to verify the details are the truth), my OPT I-20 created before the time of my OPT stated the employer being my university.

For employment 2: (Full-time - paid): Employment letter offer, time-sheets, pay stubs, supervisors' contact information, job description to prove relevance to major, letter from employer to prove relevance to studies.

I would really appreciate your advice on which documents for either jobs that I should include. Thanks very much.