Documents not returned

M J

I sponsored my cousin and his family for Vistor Visa, he appeared for the interview at chennai and was asked a number of questions and finally rejected saying he is not qualified for the Visa. The strange thing is that they did not return him back his documents, saying that they have stamped that documents recieved. Is this usual or something strange? can he re-apply?

All the paper work including my employment letter, pay stubs, bank statement, affadavit of support, copy of GC, passport copy and his property in india paperwork.

documents at Chennai

Same thing for me. My in-laws' were asked zillion questions and finally were rejection in 214(b) at Chennai. No idea behind the reasonings.

yes. they do not return the documents at Chennai.

Also they took finger printing before rejecting. My cousin asked the reason for rejecting upon which the lady said the US government has asked them not to issue Visas.

Also his passport was stamped rejected. Do they stamp rejected for B-Visas?

JumboJumbo was your in-laws passport stamped rejected?

Hi doc75:

Thats a wierd reason: "US government has asked
them not to issue Visas". Should this be treated as your cousins' case specific or a general directive? would you know?

Btw. I will check with my in-laws on whether they got stamped in the passport or not?

if US Government has asked them not to issue visas then they should stop giving appointments and should return the $100 they charged, cause this is fraud... if they are going to deny visa in any case why make people come

Well said waitintoo_long!

If this is true, these guys need to be sued for what they are doing. I cant imagine they treat (elderly) people like dirt and do such a rip-off.

I think (and hope) the statement was told in a different context. My in-laws' plan to go late sep. to the embassy again..