Documents needed when one quits a job after GC

hipka

Registered Users (C)
Does anyone know what documents are needed for records when you quit your sponsoring employer after GC? After talking to att. murthy's office I was told to keep the following:
1) E-mails showing that I was involved in projects for some time after GC approval
2) Reviews from supervisor showing upcoming projects
3) Resignation letter clearly stating reason for leaving the job
4) Pay stubs for at least 6 months after GC approval
5) Recommendation letter stating that performance was satisfactory and no disciplinary action was taken.

Do we need anything else? Monday is my last working day with my current emp.(yahoo!) :D :D :D :D

hipka said:
Does anyone know what documents are needed for records when you quit your sponsoring employer after GC? After talking to att. murthy's office I was told to keep the following:
1) E-mails showing that I was involved in projects for some time after GC approval
5) Recommendation letter stating that performance was satisfactory and no disciplinary action was taken.

Do we need anything else? Monday is my last working day with my current emp.(yahoo!) :D :D :D :D

yes, you also need to

6) talk to a clinical psychiatrist about your "change employer phobia". i know that there are very effective treatments for "fly phobia", "social phobia", "blood phobia" etc. i believe they will develop a very effective treatment for "change employer phobia" very soon.

Just go on to the new company, you're paranoid. You've got the green card and that means you're perfectly free to do what you want with your employment, without having to explain yourself to anyone. You're free, forget your I-485 phobias!

zyu said:
yes, you also need to

6) talk to a clinical psychiatrist about your "change employer phobia". i know that there are very effective treatments for "fly phobia", "social phobia", "blood phobia" etc. i believe they will develop a very effective treatment for "change employer phobia" very soon.
If you don't have anything worthwhile to say please shut up! :p

hipka said:
If you don't have anything worthwhile to say please shut up! :p

nobody with no intent to leave the employer will keep documents from 1) to 5). keeping those documents will clearly create an impression that you planned to leave your employer from the time when you get your GC. :p :p :p :p

hipka said:

After researching this thoroughly, I feel that you do not need any of these documents. Go join the new employer. In fact could have joined the next day. This is my personal opinion only.

zyu said:
nobody with no intent to leave the employer will keep documents from 1) to 5). keeping those documents will clearly create an impression that you planned to leave your employer from the time when you get your GC. :p :p :p :p

How about documenting intent?? :D :D . Such as tell your coworker/boss everyday that "You want to work with GC sponsor forever and no plans to quit in eternity". Make sound recording and video recording of such intimate conversation :D :D . That will take care of intent and then leave the job :D :D
How does it sound??

qwertyisback said:
How about documenting intent?? :D :D . Such as tell your coworker/boss everyday that "You want to work with GC sponsor forever and no plans to quit in eternity". Make sound recording and video recording of such intimate conversation :D :D . That will take care of intent and then leave the job :D :D
How does it sound??

this is sth. that i never understand. if cis really cares whether you work for your sponsoring employer after GC, why didn't they make it clear somewhere in the application instead of hiding it in the case law where most applicants can not access to. e.g. the applicant needs to sign a letter stating that he/she will continue to work for that job which is the basis of his/her GC upon approval of GC. that will stop all the speculation, fighting, and debating on this issue. actually none of the people who i know is aware of this "intent" thing. they all thought once GC is obtained, one is free. free to do anything of their like and choosing. i think some immigration lawyer gets to write an article on this.

conditions

hello, if there were conditions the emplyment gc would be like the marriage one ..... (2 year conditionals), since there are not any, boy you can do whatever you want. that is how i see it!!

mitroloz03 said:
hello, if there were conditions the emplyment gc would be like the marriage one ..... (2 year conditionals), since there are not any, boy you can do whatever you want. that is how i see it!!

that is why it is frustrating. the case law does impose an intent on employment based GC applicants. that is where all the debates come from. that is why some lawyers suggest staying in the job which is the basis of your GC for some time. but i don't understand why cis did not make it clear in the application instead of hiding this in the case law. this is indeed very disappointing for cis to make this holy crap so ambiguous.

zyu said:
this is sth. that i never understand. if cis really cares whether you work for your sponsoring employer after GC, why didn't they make it clear somewhere in the application instead of hiding it in the case law where most applicants can not access to. e.g. the applicant needs to sign a letter stating that he/she will continue to work for that job which is the basis of his/her GC

Well they do get applicants to sign exactly that. In addition they require applicants to inform CIS if the job as specified in the immigration petition is not made available. When I underwent consular processing I was asked to sign such a declaration.

CP & Future employment

It could be risky for CP and future employment type GCs if one doesn't work for the sponsorer at all. If one continued working for the sponsorer during entire process it could be different, I think.

brb2 said:
Well they do get applicants to sign exactly that. In addition they require applicants to inform CIS if the job as specified in the immigration petition is not made available. When I underwent consular processing I was asked to sign such a declaration.

i know this. but it is ONLY for consular processing. for adjustment of status case you sign nothing of that kind.

temposerver said:
It could be risky for CP and future employment type GCs if one doesn't work for the sponsorer at all. If one continued working for the sponsorer during entire process it could be different, I think.

i guess the fact that you work for your sponsoring employer during the whole process itself shows your intent to continue to work for the job which is the basis of your GC. but if you continue to work for that job after GC, the evidence of intent is stronger. since they only ask CP applicant to sign the "intent" letter (not AOS applicants), i guess cis really does not care too much about AOS for changing employers???

I can't believe I'm seeing this discussion. I know at least 3 guys who have switched jobs right after GC, one of them was actually just waiting for GC to come to join the new company and there was nothing that old company could or wanted to do about it. I mean, the guy joined them 3,5 years earlier and had the sincerest intention to work for them for a long time, but it took ages to get the GC and circumstances change over time.
There are more important factors in naturalization cases than switching jobs after GC came.