Documents Needed for Naturalization Interview

needsolution

Registered Users (C)
I read here that some people are asked for proof of residency, such as tax records, utility bills, rent/mortgage history, etc. for proof of residency. I was never asked for any of these in my interview. Could everyone please post here their experiences regarding documents they were asked to bring to the interview. Also if anyone here has experience with a second interview, could you post here please.
My questions are:

1.) Is everyone asked this list of paperwork, or only some people are asked? How is this determined?
2.) During the application process, when do they ask for this list of paperwork, for example before the interview, right after the interview or right before the oath?

Last edited by a moderator:
I wasn't asked anything at SJ. The guy interviewing told me that you have been out of the country only for short time during the last 5 yrs. That's it. I had taken my property tax document along with IRS receipts for last 4 yrs (only based on info from this forum) just in case.

I was asked for the tax return paperwork, but I think it was only because I brought it up. She asked me if I filed taxes, I said "Yes, I have all tax returns with me". So, she asked to see them. I think if I didn't volunteer, she wouldn't bother. Didn't matter too much anyway, I'm stuck at the name check. Can't wait till 120 days since the interview are up so I can file a lawsuit.

K

needsolution

I do have second interview experience, you may search my other thread for your reference. For my case, I was asked to provide 10+ documents...