Documents needed for interview...

ssingh

Registered Users (C)
I have read through various posts here offering advise on the documents one should take for the interview.

I have a question about marriage certificates. Is there a particular style or type needed, and do we need something from a US court? What I have is a fairly simple letter (in English) with the stamp of the county judge (since I'm from a pretty small town in a rural part of India). Will that be acceptable, or are there other suggestions?

Your help will be appreciated.

ssingh

I think you should get your marriage certificate attested by your embassy here in the USA. OR the embassy may issue you a new one. Call them and see what they suggest.

It MAY be a good idea to take a copy of the marriage photo and the marriage invitation etc.. Worked for someone I know ....

A notarized letter from the priest who performed the marriage would also work. However, note that if its not in English or the priest does not know english, then you would need the translated letter notarized too!!

I read in other posts that it is safer to take the proof for last 5 yrs of tax returns and copies of speeding tickets payment proof. I was wondering if I can get copies for these documents from the IRS and the DMV respectively if I dont have the copies with me? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!