Documents need while travelling in AP

daya123

Registered Users (C)
Hello everybody,
My wife (primary) will be travelling next month to India via Frankfort. I got email confirmation from German consulate, Atlanta that she doen't need transit visa while travelling in AP. My question is, what are the document that she has to carry?
I know the following list:
1. Approved copies of AP (all 3).
2. Receipt notice of I-485.
3. Letter from employer regarding the employment.
4. Bank statment or utility bill for the proof of address.

Am I missing any?

Thanks in Advance.

daya123 said:
Hello everybody,
My wife (primary) will be travelling next month to India via Frankfort. I got email confirmation from German consulate, Atlanta that she doen't need transit visa while travelling in AP. My question is, what are the document that she has to carry?

Am I missing any?

Thanks in Advance.
The ONLY docs you need for re-entry using AP are the original AP and a valid PP.

You don't really need any of the other stuff you mentioned (esp the bank/utility statements !!) :)

daya123 said:
Hello everybody,

Am I missing any?

Thanks in Advance.
Max2k1 is right. You don't need all these other things. You only need valid passport and one of the AP. It is safe to carry I-485 receipt notice and a letter from the emplyer. Most of the challenges comes by some far east asian airlines. They sometimes do not want to accept the AP and ask for a confirmation from the US Embassy. This is bcos they have to pay $10k if they bring someone illegally to US. so they are afraid of that and gives people trouble. Your wife should be OK with the current list of docs. good luck.

What!!?

I got email confirmation from German consulate, Atlanta that she doen't need transit visa while travelling in AP.!!??
MY FAMILY WENT TO INDIA LAST WEEK VIA FRANKFURT AND WE CALLED THE CONSULATE THEY TOLD U NEED A TRANSIT VISA...SO THEY TOOK THE VISA ..I AM ALSO GOING NEXT MONTH......R U SURE ABT IT!!?CAN U FORWARD ME THAT MAIL to aveera18@yahoo.com!!?if u dont mind.!?

The other hand is , no one asked my family abt their transit visa while going ...but i dont know abt coming back!!?

Thanks

Thanks everybody for the reply and info.

Nimmi:
I can't login to my hotmail from my work to forward the email. I will forward the email by evening.

The ONLY docs you need for re-entry using AP are the original AP and a valid PP.

I would say thats true, but I had different experience recently when I entered on AP, I would say carry your 3 APs, EAD and employement letter, I was asked for those two..