Documents List for EB Interviews

SB-2004

Registered Users (C)
Please verify and add/remove so we have the final List of documents. Post the whole list again if there is any modification.

Documents to be Submitted at VFS Office atleast 10 days before interview:

1. Passport Photocopy and copy of Appointment letter
2. DS-230 (Part 1 and Part 2 unsigned)
4. NOTARIZED employment letter
5. PCC from Indian Consulate in US (if you are in US) / PCCs from Passport office and Local police Stattion if you are in india.
4. Birth Certificates
5. Marriage Certificate
6. I-134 for wife/(kids - if not US citizens)

Documents to Carry during interview:
1. Passports and copy of Appointment letter.
2. Medical reports.
3. Take DD for equivalent of $45. If available take the receipt of form IV bill ($335/- PP paid to NVC). (recommended, not required).
4. Last 3 years tax transcripts and W2.
5. Original Degree certificates (recommended, not required)
6. Wedding photos & Invitation card (Recommended)
7. Pay stubs (last 4-6 stubs...i.e for 2-3 months) (Recommended, not required)
8. Original Degree certificates (recommended, not required)
9. All current and previous H1 (Work visa) papers, if any
10. Bank statement (recommended, not required)
11. Birth certificates of US born kids.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi
Please verify and add/remove so we have the final List of documents. Post the whole list again if there is any modification.

Documents to be Submitted at VFS Office atleast 10 days before interview:

1. Passport Photocopy and copy of Appointment letter
2. DS-230 (Part 1 and Part 2 unsigned)
4. NOTARIZED employment letter
5. PCC from Indian Consulate in US (if you are in US) / PCCs from Passport
office and Local police Stattion if you are in india.

If you are in usa do we need to get pcc from usa?4. Birth Certificates
5. Marriage Certificate
6. I-134 for wife/(kids - if not US citizens)

Documents to Carry during interview:
1. Passports and copy of Appointment letter.
2. Medical reports.
3. Take DD for equivalent of $45. If available take the receipt of form IV bill ($335/- PP paid to NVC). (recommended, not required).
4. Last 3 years tax transcripts and W2.
5. Original Degree certificates (recommended, not required)
6. Wedding photos & Invitation card (Recommended)
7. Pay stubs (last 4-6 stubs...i.e for 2-3 months) (Recommended, not required)
8. Original Degree certificates (recommended, not required)
9. All current and previous H1 (Work visa) papers, if any
10. Bank statement (recommended, not required)
11. Birth certificates of US born kids.

Pcc

PCC from passport office and local police station is enough.

Just in case if your passport is issued in USA, you can get it in one day.

PCC from passport office and local police station is enough.

Just in case if your passport is issued in USA, you can get it in one day.

Thanks for the reply. One more question ... Did we need to give copies of expired passports to VHS office.. ?

to SB-2004

SB-2004, You have provided valuable suggestion. I have been on vacation in India since Mar and could not file my TAX for 2006, instead filed an ammendment and paid the amount I have owed. Please let me know if I show them W2 for last year as well as ammendment will create issue. I have W-2s and copy of form -1040 for all prior year before 2006. I used to file taxes online so have print outs of form 1040.

Thanks a lot in advance.

-vman

Yes, I have sent mine. Biographic and US visa pages from old passport too.

Yes, I have sent mine. Biographic and US visa pages from old passport too.

SB-2004 .. Which consulate you are attending interview... We need to provide all pages of the passport for old and new passport?

Interview

Tax issue: I believe, you should not have a problem due to amendment. There are lot of people in US who file extensions and amendments but as long as IRS doesn't declare you as defaulter, there should be no problem. Tax documents are anyway secondary documents.

I'm carrying my w2s and 1040 for last 3 years.

appan, I have interview at Mumbai consulate in June. You can call the VFS phone and check with them if you have any queries regarding the documents. Also you can check on their website at

https://www.vfs-usa.co.in/ApplnForms/ImmVisasWestEast.aspx

Click on the documents list in step 1 and ignore the documents that are for family based interviews.

my experience

Here is my experience at the Mumbai VFS

a) You have to meet that deadline ( 7 day one). Please check with them by calling prior to your interview. In my case my interview date is for the 5th of June EB3 and my case # wasnt even on the consulate PDF till May 20th EST ( Saturday). I called VFS and the consulate and they said they need the docs by 24th May for a 5th june appt.

b) I got all Bank details and I-134 ( new ones) as the ones I submitted were in May 05 ( just missed it in 2005 by a whisker due to marriage and other timings) . IN fact Mumbai consulate got back to me in May end 05 that I might be scheduled for a July 05 interview date ( and then the retrogression saga started).

c) On 21st May got a frantic rush with HR, Lawyers and legal to get the recent copies from my firm and tried all courier services to have a service to reach mumbai by 24th as my docs were to be received by me on 22nd noon EST and received none. When I received confirmation from my company that they will ensure delivery of all their dependent docs by may 22nd 12 noon . had no option but to book tickets to India for 22nd nite.

d) wife parallely went to the NYC INdian consulate , got my latest PCC within 4 hours but for here was refused as she didnt have a passport issued by NYC consulate nor she had lived in the US for 5 days. they gave an estimate of 30 days before they could give her PCC ( she had one from Mumbai CID in 2005 May) which I deemed expired. Took the risk of going to Vfs without that and Medical.

e) Another issue was flying thru Europe ( both didnt have stamped H1/H4) on passports so had to choose last 2 tickets on Emirates ( really close shave).

f) Reached mumbai on 24th morning 4:30 a.m. rushed home,sowered and quickly scanned the copy of the Appt letter collected from the consulate by my parents on the 22nd morning parallely. and went to VFS at 7:30

g) Unluckily that day VFs's copier was stalled so had to go around the Mahalaxmi area to get copies of the Appt letter ( 2 required for both me and wife) and then sat at VFS.

h) The VFS in charge there was kind enough when he saw us nearly drooping as we had slept only for 6-8 hrs in the past 3 days and understood that we had rushed from the US ( cut to cut).

i) After 3 hrs of waiting we were called at the VFS counter and the lady across was kind enough to understand that we didnt have the medical done.

j) She asked for 2 copies of marriage certificate (luckily I had 5 copies of each document) . Luckily she accepted the CID clearnace PCC for wife from 2005 but asked us to get 2 PCC's ( one from Passport office and another from CID for 2007 ) on the interview day.

k) We went to the Passport office and then CID and then the local Police stations ( abt 5-6 times) and got the PCC from Passport office yesterday. The Local Police and Cid take 30-40 working days to issue new PCC but ( first time in my life had to bribe these rascals to get a copy on the 2nd). fingers crossed.

l) Parallely got the medicals done on 25th ( very professional at Leelavati). Make sure all of you have ample Indian sized Passport photographs as both the medical and Passport Office and CID requires indian size passport photos but VFs and Consulate neeed US sized ones.

m) ONly documents collected by VFS were ( a) 2 US pasport size pictures b) Current PAssport copies ( returned old ones - NOT REQUIRED by Mumbai consulate c) Original and copy of Birth certificate for both of us d) Original and 2 copies of marriage certificate e) Original and copy of the PCC for me and expired one for wife

DID NOT REQUIRE

a) Medical reports
b) Employment letter - Original or Copies
c) I-134 and Bank st - Original or copies

Now waitng to collect the last PCC from corrupt CID on 2nd June and the final interview on 5th June at 7:30 a.m.

WIsh me luck

All the Bets KP.

I am scheduled for Interview on June 26th. My problem is that I am in the UK on business till the 8th.
I called the VFS and they told me that I had to get my documents to them by June 15th.
I am in a similar boat as you. Was expecting an interview in June 2005. Even had a PCC done by the Indian Consulate in NY in Jan 2005.

That is the question I have ,
Since I have already been issued a PCC by the NY Consulate in Jan 2005 (Expired now) I should be able to get another one within a day right ? As per your post, you got yours the same day.

I am planning on flying to India on June 12th. Scheduled Medical appointment at Lilavati on the 14th, Dropping of the Documents at VFS on the 15th.

Eb2 visa interview

Guys, I went for the interview on april 27th and entered back to the US on may 5th. everything went fine.

Just a few things to add on to the list.

1. It is good to take affidavits from parents or relatives for the birth certificate and marriage certificate just in case if they look old or if you have issues with name on the certificates. They did ask mine since I did not have my full name on these certificates.

2. also carry a secondary evidence like school leaving certificate to prove the date of birth.

3. In mumbai, they need only one year w2 and tax filing. they did not ask for mine and I did not give them either.

4. be prepared to stay for a few more days after the interview. I got my passport back 3 days after the interview.

the interview was short and fine. thanks...

Hello Sajik,
Did you get your passport back by Blue Dart ?

The VFS website says that you can personally collect the passport from their office between 5.00 - 7.00pm the same day of the interview. If you dont collect it then they send it out by Blue Dart.

Also did you get the Plastic card yet ?

Guys, I went for the interview on april 27th and entered back to the US on may 5th. everything went fine.

Just a few things to add on to the list.

1. It is good to take affidavits from parents or relatives for the birth certificate and marriage certificate just in case if they look old or if you have issues with name on the certificates. They did ask mine since I did not have my full name on these certificates.

2. also carry a secondary evidence like school leaving certificate to prove the date of birth.

3. In mumbai, they need only one year w2 and tax filing. they did not ask for mine and I did not give them either.

4. be prepared to stay for a few more days after the interview. I got my passport back 3 days after the interview.

the interview was short and fine. thanks...

Thank you for the info.

I am looking at document list on VFS site , Could you please let me know if i need to fill I-864 ?

Documents required at VFS- kindly arrange documents in the order as listed for each applicant.
Passport: photocopy of the biopages of the current passport and a copy of the observation
page or previous U.S visa pages (if any).
Photograph*
Biographic Data Forms: DS230 Part I and II
Birth Certificate: original and photocopy*
Marriage Certificate: original and photocopy
Divorce Decree for all previous marriages: original and photocopy
Death Certificate: original and photocopy
Proof of Relationship
Police Reports: original
Foreign Police Certificates: original
Deportation Records
Prison Records
Military Records
Affidavit of Support (I-864 with attachments): original
Affidavit of Support (I-864A with attachments, if applicable): original
Copy of Affidavit of Support (I-864 / I-864A) (F category only, for each family member)
DS-156
DS-156K
Affidavit of Support (I-134 with attachments): original
Job Offer letter from Employer in the United States: original
Medical Report*
* Required for all applicants.

All the Bets KP.

I am scheduled for Interview on June 26th. My problem is that I am in the UK on business till the 8th.
I called the VFS and they told me that I had to get my documents to them by June 15th.
I am in a similar boat as you. Was expecting an interview in June 2005. Even had a PCC done by the Indian Consulate in NY in Jan 2005.

That is the question I have ,
Since I have already been issued a PCC by the NY Consulate in Jan 2005 (Expired now) I should be able to get another one within a day right ? As per your post, you got yours the same day.

I am planning on flying to India on June 12th. Scheduled Medical appointment at Lilavati on the 14th, Dropping of the Documents at VFS on the 15th.

If you apply for another one in NY you will get it within a day

KP

hi nkelkar

I went to get the passport the same day after interview, but did not get for 3 days. I personally collected it after 3 days. I have not gotten the plastic card yet. Do you guys know about the time frame between entry back after immigrant visa and the receipt of the plastic card? thanks...