documents for RFE...Help me?

GCBoy

Registered Users (C)
An RFE was issued for me yesterday.
I don\'t know what it is.
But can some one tell me what all I need to keep ready.
I have the W2\'s for the last 2 years but
Some people say they need the tax returns.
I have copies of the papers I filed for the the tax returns.
Is that the one?
thanks in advance

No Title

Copies of your filed tax returns should be fine. Otherwise regarding
your question for what documents to collect, you should probably wait
for the RFE to reach you!

No Title

RFE could be for anything but most commonly for employment letter from your GC sponsoror with current pay stubs or W2 and tax returns.

No Title

Generally W2s are enough.

But if you have doubts send copies of tax returns as well. It won\'t harm.

Vinayak

No Title

Hi Vinayak,
For one of the years if I dont have copies of the 1040 form can I send the computer generated transcripts from IRS to reflect that particular year\'s tax return. Do you know of any similar situation? This is for a RFE (earning statements, employment letter , tax information). Appreciate your shedding light on this.
THanks.

No Title

Yes. Call local IRS office and give your SSN and year for which you want tax returns. They will charge around 50$ and you will get your tax returns. Other option is, if you used services of professional tax consultants such as H&R Block, they will give it to you free of cost.

Good luck,

Vinayak

No Title

Hi Vinayak,
Appreciate your response. Considering the different alternatives to arrange for a prior year 1040 copy for about a day or so , I was fortunate enough to find it after digging through a bunch of folders and packages. Thanks for your input on this but still it doesn\'t get the ball rolling. Anyway, if in our RFE if they have requested earnings statements for the last six months do we need to include all the paystubs for every pay period during this time or will a consolidated statement suffice. Also during the pay period for which they requested earning statements, if we have got a bonus/ had a vacation cashin do we need to include a copy of these statements as well.

Thanks again.

Thanks.

No Title

I got the RFE details.
INS wants 2 years W2/Tax returns and 3 months pay slips.
Does any body get an RFE like this?
I sent it out to my firm today.
Waht are the chances of mine getting approved soon.
thanks.

No Title

I got the RFE details.
INS wants 2 years W2/Tax returns and 3 months pay slips.
Does any body get an RFE like this?
I sent it out to my firm today.
What are the chances of mine getting approved soon?
thanks.