• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Documents for Montreal Interview - DV2012 Winners

pitguigo

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone!,

DV 2012 Case number: 2012EU00005XXX

I am one the winners of the DV 2012, I am from Spain but currently I am living in Toronto because I have a work permit for a year. I would like to process my Permanent Resident Card in Montreal because if I had to go to Spain and come back for the interview would be too expensive for me and I would have to leave my job.

1- Can I process my Green Card in Montreal?

I have some questions regarding the documents to bring to the interview (I saw this list from the Specific Interview Guidelines of Montreal):

2- Some of the civil documents that I have (police certificate and birth certificate) are written in French and the French language is an official language in Canada. Do I have to translate the into English? (with a sworn tranlator of course)

3- About the evidence of domicile in the United States: I am not yet living in the United States, I will live there if I may obtain the Green Card. Do I have to bring any document for this purpose?

4- Job offer, Affidavit of support or evidence of money savings. I can only bring the evidence of money in my bank accounts. Is it enough?? What is the minimum quantity acceptable?

5- When I sent the forms to the KCC I included two photographs. Have I to bring to the interview two new photographs?

6- My education. I have only my university degree diploma and my high school diploma. Is it enough to proof my 12 years of minimum education required? Do I need elementary school certifications?

7- There are two ways to qualify for the Permanent Resident Card: education or work experience. If my education level is enough, Have I to give a proof of my work experience if I have?

I am sorry for asking so many questions, but It is the only place where I can answer them. Thank you very much for your time.

Best Regards.

Thanks so much for your answer Corewin!! I am happy to have an answer so fast! Thanks a lot, but, I just wanted to deep into some of them because I there some things that I still have some doubts:

2- Question about the translation of documents from French into English. Look at this (this is an extract from the Document requirements):

Translation Requirements

All documents not in English, or in the official language of the country in which application for a visa is being made, must be accompanied by certified translations. The translation must include a statement signed by the translator that states that the:

Translation is accurate, and,
Translator is competent to translate.

If you look to the underlined sentence, does it mean that I can bring my documents in French?? French is an official language in Canada. I know some other DV winners in Spain and they can bring the documents in Spanish, so, I think that I can bring them in French, but I wanted to be sure of that. What do you think?

3- About the question of evidence of domicile in the United States: Is is not logical. Do they preted that I know where I am gonna live there? I have no idea, I would like to live in New York, but that's all. Do you think it is compulsory? Would the green card be denied by this subject?

6- You talk about two certificates: are you talking about university diploma and high school diploma, isn't it? but...what about elementary school certificate? do I need to bring it?

I would really appreciate if you could clarify these particular questions. Thank you again! That's the help that I needed!