Documents for interview - HELP!

Dani

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,
My interview is this Fri, and I do have a few questions regarding the interview itself. Forgive me if I am being paranoid or just plain stupid.
1.Do I need to bring any additional documents besides the ones listed in the letter(marriage certificate, taxes, spouses proof of citizenship, GC, passports, etc?) I have noticed a lot of folks listed long lists of documents, but do I really need to drag them with me? Was anybody actially asked for paystabs or utility bills?
2.I have moved twice. At first I did filed the AR-11 and also called them, but the second time I didn't do it because I didn't want any delays with ... Is it a problem? Do I have to tell them about it?
Thanks!

Dani,

Usually the first thing you'll be asked for is your state issued id (drivers license) which shows your residence address. Providing your official residence is in the same district as the DO processing your case, you shouldn't have a problem with the address change. If not, you may have an issue since the DO would not have jurisdiction.

With regard to supporting docs, you probably don't need to take anything over and above the officially requested stuff provided you have a straight-forward case with no unexplained long absences from the US etc. Its really your call what you take - if you do get asked for something extra (RFE), you have 30 days to provide the information.

Good luck

boatbod said:
Dani,

Usually the first thing you'll be asked for is your state issued id (drivers license) which shows your residence address. Providing your official residence is in the same district as the DO processing your case, you shouldn't have a problem with the address change. If not, you may have an issue since the DO would not have jurisdiction.

With regard to supporting docs, you probably don't need to take anything over and above the officially requested stuff provided you have a straight-forward case with no unexplained long absences from the US etc. Its really your call what you take - if you do get asked for something extra (RFE), you have 30 days to provide the information.

Good luck

Thanks so much for your responce!
So, if my ID card shows my previous adress (same city though), that means I should be OK?

Do you guys think it's ok to tell the officer that I moved recently but haven't filed the AR-11 yet? Or should I should be quitet about it?
You see, the only thing I am worried is those damn utility bills... All the bills I have are issued to our new adress...
Can a letter from IRS be a proof of residency instead?

Since you still reside in the same district, I would simply ask the IO to correct your address while he goes through your entries on the N-400. Its really not a big deal, and that way you are covered if you have to show utility bills.

Whatever you do, always tell the truth, and never try to cover something up.

Yup, truth is the key.

Just say "I'm in the process of moving - some things are at my old address, some at my new".

Thank you guys! You are absolutely right about the truth factor! Well, I will do as adviced and tell you how it went :)