Document OTHER THAN CARD Manufactured and Mailed.

what does this mean??? help me...its been over a month now and i havent recieved anything!

I am in the same situation. Today, I called USCIS customer Service and they toll me that I have to wait at least 45 days to get the document.
It's driving me crazy. They don't know what it is?

man im sooo worried...i called them too...and they said that they might send a document askin for more evidence...and it might be an approval...but im still uncertain...they say it might take up to 50 days!

Same situ

I've been waiting for almost 2 months now. Don't know what to do. It is driving me insane:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

???

when did u first apply for the i-130? cuz i applied for it on april, and then i got my citizenship on september. because i didnt know that u have send the evidence first to the USCIS i sent it directly to the NVC. and recently in january i sent the evidence to uscis...so its like i started the whole procedure on jan :( :( :( :( :( :( ...........and now i dont understand what this document other than card thingy is!!:confused: ...if u know anyone please ask them and lemme know...

I also got the same message today in email : Document OTHER THAN CARD Manufactured and Mailed..........Any idea what does this mean ??

?

I called the customer service and they said that it takes more than 40 days for me to recieve anything..and when i asked what should i excpect to get or what could it be...the lady said they might be asking for more evidence or it might be an approval letter...but she wasnt quite sure

I called the USCIS Customer Service & they told that its the 485 approval letter......hmm sounds like some good news finally for me after a long wait of 6 years......but I still won't believe it till I see the approval letter !!

I got the same email today for my wife's case (I am the primary applicant). Nothing happened for my case, still pending for NC. The following is what I found. I will update when I get the real letter.

http://immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=241357

Originally Posted by NorthStar2020
Ok, I received a letter in the mail yesterday.

The processing of your case will resume shortly. A check of our records establishes that your case is ready for decision as the required investigation into your background has been completed.

We will make every effort to make a decision on this case as soon as possible. If you dont not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 6 months of this letter, please contact us by calling our customer service number provided.

So, it looks like my 485 is approved based on this letter and previous messages. Will wait for the card now.

USCIS need to give people meaning ful answers

I also got the same reply for my OPT application.
I am driven insane already

good news

I am in the same situation. Today, I called USCIS customer Service and they toll me that I have to wait at least 45 days to get the document.
It's driving me crazy. They don't know what it is?

heeey i got my approval letter in the mail...dated march 14th so u should expect somethin in the mail soon...it says in my approval letter that it has already been forwarded to the NVC.:)

Good News!

I also got the same message today in email : Document OTHER THAN CARD Manufactured and Mailed..........Any idea what does this mean ??

thats going to be your approval letter hopefully...u should be getting it soon..

Congrats Nfadlalla......!! Thats really very encouraging news.... I am eagerly awaiting for mine & my wife's approval letter in that case :) What were the approval's wordings? Also do you have to go for another FP? I had done my FP way back in April 2005..So in that case will i need a new FP along with the approval? Please keep me posted if you have any further updates !!

Thanks,
Babu71.

Last edited by a moderator:
well....my husband havent gone for the fingerprint yet...we're still in the early steps...this is what the letter said:

Notice Type: Approval Notice/ Section: Husband or wifef of U.S. Citizen, 201 (b) Dated March 14, 2007

The above petition has been approved. We have sent the original visa petition to the Department of State National Visa Center (NVC). NVC processes all approved immigrant visa petitions that need consular action. It also determines which consular post is the appropriate consulate to complete visa processing. NVC will then forward the approved petition to that consulate. The NVC will contact the person for who you are petitioning concerning further immigrant visa processing steps. If you have any questions about visa issuance, please contact the NVC directly. However, please allow at least 90 days before calling the NVC if your beneficiary has not received correspondence from the NVC. The telephone number of the NVC is 603-334-0700. The approval of this visa petition does not in itself grant any immigration status and does not guarantee that the alien beneficiary will subsequently be found to be eligible for a visa, for admission to the United States, or for an extension, change, or adjustment of status.

so we're still goin to deal with the NVC for a while here...and we're still waiting on the refrence number/case number from the NVC..

have u on the otherhand filled applications with the NVC...if u have can u please tell us how that went and give us information that might help us in the future...???

I think there is some confusion here......I got..Document other than Card manufactured & mailed..for my I-485 application that I had filed way back in Nov'2004 in the Vermont Service Center. In March 2007 my application moved to the Texas Service center & after few days I got the update of..Document other than Card manufactured & mailed..for my I-485 application. I have never applied to the NVC. Was your application also of I-485 or something else??