"Document mailed" two weeks after approval?

Azazello

Registered Users (C)
Hey gurus,
Our I-485 (principal, spouse & child) were approved on March 20th, we got our welcome notices on March 25th and the cards on March 28th, yet today I (principal) got another e-mail from CRIS:

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR
TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Document mailed to applicant.

On April 2, 2008 we mailed the document to the address we have on file.
You should receive the new document within 30 days. If you do not, or
if you move before you get it, call customer service.

Any idea what this could be about?
AFAIK, it's not RFE - I had an RFE on my spouses EAD application and the message then was different.

Thanks,

It could be finger print notice

Hey gurus,
Our I-485 (principal, spouse & child) were approved on March 20th, we got our welcome notices on March 25th and the cards on March 28th, yet today I (principal) got another e-mail from CRIS:

Any idea what this could be about?
AFAIK, it's not RFE - I had an RFE on my spouses EAD application and the message then was different.

Thanks,

It could be finger print notice

In my case, it was a document which had gone back due to change of address. I had raised a long time ago SRS, and they mailed me the response to SRS.

Thank you!

In my case, it was a document which had gone back due to change of address. I had raised a long time ago SRS, and they mailed me the response to SRS.

Thank you!
Thank you, this sounds very comforting. I also have an SRS open - hopefully, it's just a response, although I had SRS'es open previously and responses never caused such an e-mail...

It was reply to my SRS indeed.
Truely, their left hand does not know what their right hand does - the reply was 'we are actively processing your case' - mind you, dated past the approval...