document mailed to application!

ciril99

Registered Users (C)
I noticed this message online for my I-485 as well as for my wife:

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Document mailed to applicant.

Folks, any one please explain what could it this would be.

Thanks,

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Thanks,

Could be RFE !

the message "Document mailed to applicant" means that USICS sent you a notice and the notice came back to them......

Usually this message pops up for - missed Finger Print Notice or Address Change Notice or 485 application transfer notice...

USCIS then looks at AR11 database and re-sends the entire returned mail to the new address...on file....

Luckily, for RFE's ...the USCIS system is pretty good...they always send the correct email...."RFE has been issued emails etc...Since you did not get any of these emails.....the missed notice is definitely not RFE ....

Check with your lawyer if it's a missed FP notice...as he also gets another copy...

Yes, Banta4GC is right.

I have similar pattern and turns out to be a missed finger print. It went to my previous employer's address and my old address. After this message, they have sent notice to my current address using AR11 db.

90% chances are---> this is a standard msg for FP notice or address change confirmation notice...
10% chances are---> few ppl have received RFE after this msg....
be positive that at least something is happening, other than nothing....

Document mailed to applicant

Can anyone advice what this means ? My 485 has been pending since Aug 2005 and my status also changed on Sep 11 from pending to Document mailed to applicant. Does it mean the case got approved or something else. I have already done FP 2 times, and my address has not changed. I did not get any other message of LUD since 2005 on my 485, what could this be ? I have been checking my mail daily and till today saturday i do not see anything in mail. what could this be ? i m going nuts, anyone, please advice if they got in similar position. thanks

It could be

I had the same LUD : "Document mailed.."

The document I received is a response for my service request for status inquiry.

Yes ... Document mailed Status - could be a response to the SR initiated (if any) , I was in a similar situation earlier ... it turned out to be response from TSC for the SR I initiated in June 2007.
As per the document , back ground investigation (name check) is pending on my case .

Many members in the forum correctly indicated that, if it is a approval then the message would be different

GCN
EB3 - PD 09/2002 , India
485 RD : 01/03/05
FP2 : 01/2006
FP3 : 08/2006
485 AD .... GOK (God Only Knows) :(

Thanks,

enclosed is an answer to your question ..hhope ift will be helpful

Message received from USCIS regarding I-485

When an applicant receives a message in this form: "Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS Current Status: Document OTHER THAN CARD manufactured and mailed. On December 15, 2006, we mailed the document we manufactured based on our earlier approval of this case, and mailed it to the address on we have on file. You should receive the new document within 30 days. If you do not, or if you move before you get it, call customer service" it shows that a document connected to the I-485, such as an I-765 EAD or I-512 advance parole has been issued.