Document mailed to applicant (i.e, Approval)

hereismygc

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I received my status on I-485 online and email as "Document mailed to applicant". So contacted USCIS, thought may be it is to do with my address change which I did online on 06/2007.
But the lady said my I-485 is approved and welcome letter is sent to my new address, and she congratulated me with my approval.
So it seems, "Document mailed to applicant" on any pending application (like I-485, I-765, I-131 etc) means mostly APPROVAL.
And looks like Service Centers changed the way of reporting status.
Anyway, this forum is really good and keep me going, though I never got responses 98% of time, but vast information exist in this forums are valuable and help others.
My case is little confused, and below are my signature, if any one needs info (I'm not expert, but can answer some extend) let me know.

Actually I'm not yet started working for Company C and will be starting on 09/2007

======================
Case: EB2

Company A: (** worked and got laid off **)
Labor PD 12/2000 (Case approved 01/2001) --> EB2 / RIR
I-140 (case approved 06/2001)
I-485 (*** NEVER FILED due to LAYOFF ***)

Company B: (** working presently with this company **)
Labor PD 06/2003 (case approved 04/2007) --> EB2 / NON-RIR
I-140 (case approved 05/2007)
I-485 (*** NEVER FILED due to parallel processing through Company C ***)

Company C: (** Not yet started to working for this company and will start 09/2007 **)
Labor PD 10/2005 (case approved 12/2005) --> EB2 / PERM
I-140 (case approved 12/2006) --> filed 04/2006 ; RFE 05/2006 ; Never received RFE ; Case denied 09/2006 ; Case re-opened stating RFE never received 10/2006 ; RFE received 10/2006 ; RFE responded 12/2006 ; case approved 12/2006 within a week
I-485 (case approved 08/2007) --> filed 04/2007 using 12/2000 ported PD from company A; FP 05/2007 ; LUD on 05/05/07, 05/06/07 ; EAD 05/2007 ; NO LUD until 08/13/07 ; LUD 08/13/07, 08/14/07 "Document Mailed to applicant" ; contacted USCIS 08/15/07 -- confirmed case APPROVAL

=========================
Disclaimer:
I'm not a lawyer or person to make recommendations. So please act accordingly.

It does not mean that Document mailed means you got the approval unless as you are confirmed by the USCIS. I got the following message and on March 20th but it was my Transfer notice returned and they mailed it back to my new address. Yes, the online address changes is not in sink with 485 address.

Current Status: Document mailed to applicant.

On March 20, 2007 we mailed the document to the address we have on file. You should receive the new document within 30 days. If you do not, or if you move before you get it, call customer service.

For me the "Document mailed..." message turned out to be an RFE on the way!
Congragulations HereIsMyGC

May be. My case is filed directly at TSC and no transfer. All I did is online address change and never called any one or raise any issue on any of my process stages.

Also, if it is RFE, the status may show "Document mailed to applicant" but the description will be detailed about like " we requested more information about your case " etc...
In my case, it is straight message, document mailed to applicant with address we have like that and not received within 30 days contact them back.

Anyway, hope you all get approved soon. Even if it is RFE then it means your approval is immediate if your response satisfies them. Reason my I-140 got approved within a week of RFE response even after it was a denied case.

thanks

===================================
Disclaimer:
I'm not a lawyer, so please act accordingly.

You meant "Sync" ?

It does not mean that Document mailed means you got the approval unless as you are confirmed by the USCIS. I got the following message and on March 20th but it was my Transfer notice returned and they mailed it back to my new address. Yes, the online address changes is not in sink with 485 address. YOU MEAN SYNC

Current Status: Document mailed to applicant.

On March 20, 2007 we mailed the document to the address we have on file. You should receive the new document within 30 days. If you do not, or if you move before you get it, call customer service.

hereismygc,

the message "Document mailed to applicant" means that USICS sent you a notice and the notice came back to them......

Usually this message pops up for - missed Finger Print Notice or Address Change Notice or 485 application transfer notice...

USCIS then looks at AR11 database and re-sends the entire returned mail to the new address...on file....

Luckily, for RFE's and 485 approvals...the USCIS system is pretty good...they always send the correct email...."RFE has been issued"...."485 approval notice sent" "Card Ordered" emails etc...Since you did not get any of these emails.....the missed notice is definitely not RFE or 485 approval....

Check with your lawyer if it's a missed FP notice...as he also gets another copy...

FP - code 3 done on May 07

Thanks Banta4gc. But my FP was done on May 07 and got 2 LUDs after my FP on 05/05/07, 05/06/07. Also my case filed 04/07 directly at TSC.
Then got LUD only after 08/13/07 and then 08/14/07. So contacted USCIS thought it may be to do with my address change request which I did on June 2007, but the representative said my I-485 is APPROVED and the Welcome letter has been sent to my new address. Also she stressed address cannot be changed as my I-485 is now approved.
Also from other users Address change will not trigger email like that.
Anyway, I'm waiting for whatever that document may be.

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks no_time. I'll call again tomorrow to USCIS will find out, today the lady said my I-485 approved, let me see what I'll hear tomorrow, and will update.

okay. I called again today morning, they guy at USCIS, said he cannot change the address and further said mostly my Green card is sent on 08/13/07. If I don't receive it within 30 days I have to call them back. But he stressed many times, it is green card which was sent and so he cannot change my address.
So, it seems finally my case is approved and looks likes USCIS's different department follows different method of reporting the status because my case filed using Ported priority date.
Let me see, whether I'm receiving Green Card or some other card from Bank advertisement.

hereismygc,

the problem is that - the message "Document mailed to applicant" is commonly interpreted by TSC reps as a 485 approval message....
My spouse got the same message 2 years ago, when she missed her FP notice - and the TSC reps told that my spouse's 485 was approved.........and I got the same message last time, when I did an address change....and for some reason they still sent that notice to the old address.....
When it comes to this message, TSC reps are known to mistake it for approval...

hence, TSC reps interpretation cannot be trusted on this one.....

Possibly, ask the TSC rep - as to when your namecheck cleared ....if they say that your namecheck cleared few weeks ago.....then may be, they are right - that your 485 got approved....if they say - your namecheck has not cleared, then your 485 is not approved....

You can even try Infopass appointment or Senator/Congressman Inquiry to confirm......Espescially, senator/congressman inquiry can easily clear up any confusion....or if you get the Green Card or 485 Approval notice in mail

I would say - don't blindly trust TSC reps.......