Document Mailed to Applicant - Gurus please clarify?

tigris

Registered Users (C)
Hi

I got my 485 FP notice document for my 485 with code 3 on August 2'nd. My FP is scheduled this week August 9'th.

Today i got a USCIS mail saying "Document mailed to applicant" on August 6'th (yesterday).

Gurus please clarify what it means ?

Message pasted below :

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR
TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Document mailed to applicant.

On August 6, 2007 we mailed the document to the address we have on file.
You should receive the new document within 30 days. If you do not, or
if you move before you get it, call customer service.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case
status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from
USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS
Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at
www.uscis.gov under Case Status and Processing Dates.

did your application xfered to TSC or another center ? after it was xfered did u rcvd FP notice as for most of the ppl whose case has been xfered they sent for FP notice call up USCIS or if you rcv another FP notice you can take the old fp notice along with you and they will not take the FP again and your case will be updated accordingly

Document mailed to applicant.

Hi Tigris,

I also got the same message a yesterday and I am just wondering if you have received any document? Did you move recently and updated your address with USCIS?

My message is as below:

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Document mailed to applicant.

On August 11, 2007 we mailed the document to the address we have on file. You should receive the new document within 30 days. If you do not, or if you move before you get it, call customer service.

Please let me know if you have any updates/information related to this message/document...

Thanks...

It might be the RFE (Request of Evidence).

What I saw from others. If it is RFE, case status clearly mention as "requesting additional evidence"
However, you guys status saying as "Document mailed to applicant".

Please update what it is.

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Document Mailed to Applicant

I got the same message on my 485 status.

"On November 15, 2007 we mailed the document to the address we have on file. You should receive the new document within 30 days. If you do not, or if you move before you get it, call customer service."

Can't be approval since my 140 is still pending. Took my FP 2 weeks ago, but never got the notice..used the attorneys copy instead, so this document could be a FP notice.

Any idea?

Re:

Got the document in mail today...it was the finger printing document... it was returned to USCIS last time they had sent it since i had moved and my address on the uscis file was not updated.