Docs to be sent to India

joejoejoe

Registered Users (C)
Sirs,

I have a quick question. I have got my documents attested by the Indian consulate. Now, I have to send these documents to three different offices in India. The info mentioned in the Indian Consulate website says that I have to send one original and one photostate copy to each office.
Could anybody please help me and provide me the complete detail that what all documents I have to send to MHRD, New Delhi. Regional passport office and Home state govt.
Thanks.
Joe

what I did is, write a cover letter and send a photocopy of your passport along with the documents which you got from Indian consulate.
Thats all you need to do , I did the same
Usually with MHRD New Delhi , it wont tale too long but what i heard from people is that it takes longer time with home department and passport office

Thanks a lot for the reply. Really appreciate that. I will follow that. I was just wondering that out of MHRD, Home state department and Regional Passport office, what kind of verification is done, so that I can inform my parents in India to be ready for that to expedite the process.
Also, am I supposed to send a self addressed stamped envelope to each department. Will they be sending nori directly to Indian Consulate or to me.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
In my case, actually my uncle followed up in the home department , Andhrapradesh. It took at least 3 or 4 weeks to get the letter from them with very high level follow up. They gave the letter directly to my Uncle and he posted the letter to me. The passport NORI , they sent it to Houston consulte directly it seems , and I believe the Houston people got that letter , I tried calling them and I am unsuccessful.
Usually police officer (Home department)will come and en quire your parents and he will ask your parents to give some details. Passport office , I don't think they will send some one , for me they issued the letter the day after they received my application it seems.
Hope this is helpful

Yes, this information is very helpful. Really appreciate that. I am fired up now. I will also send my docs to my parents so that they should follow up with home state dept and passport office. Do, I need to send any self addressed envelope to MHRD, new delhi and what kind of verification will they do? In my case I am trainee of private business with no govt funding and no govt involvement. I think I am subject to 212(e) because of skill list.
Thanks again sir.

I don't think we need to include a self addressed envelope. MHRD people won't send any enquiry to your home town/village, they will just send the document as per as I know. U have to follow up at the Passport Office and Ministry of home.Mostly they might send letters to your Indian Consulate (in my case it is Houston Consulate) just enquire in the consulate as well. By the way where are you from ,I mean which part of India are you from ?

I have lived in Himachal and Haryana but my home state department is Himachal as my parents have been settled there. Do I have to call the Indian Consulate to get the address for home state department or is there any way by which I can get that.
Thanks for the reply. APPRECIATE it.

I dont know , but you can ring the Indian consulate ans ask their advise, But it is difficult to get the response from them