Docs required while travelling on AP

urguest

Registered Users (C)
What document should I carry with me while travelling on AP? I have also used AC21 while my pending 485 application.

I have recently been to India and come back. I carried all the necessary documents along with AP, but luckily the POE guys did not ask for anything and they stamped the AP and gave it back to me. But I strongly recommend to carry these documents.

1) Advance Parole
2) Employment Verification Letter - Stating Salary and Ensuring that you will be continued as an employee upon your return
3) EAD Card
4) I-485 Receipt
5) Marriage Certificate (for couple)
6) RECENT PAY STUBS.
7) PASSPORT

SreeRaj

2 weeks ago I had entered at San Francisco airport on AP:

questions asked:

1. which company are you working for ?
2 is this company sponsering your GC ?
3. Do you have company identity card ?

ans : no ,I have company letter mentioning that I am on vacation and employed by them
4. How long you have been out of US ?
5.What is the reason I went on vacation?
6. where is your company located ?
7. Where is your work location?
8. Why are you working at different site when your compay have office at other place?
9. Where do you live ?
10. Did you buy home here ?
11. Where it is located?
12. How much is the price and how big is the home?

I answered peacefully,politely and very firmly . The guy at seconday INS did not check or asked any other document . They do not took my finger print as they now take for H1 people. When I answerd the only he stamped AP . It took 20-25 minutes approx. However I had kept ready on table in file , 140 approved copy,compnay letter,485 recepit , pay stubs.EAD etc...

This will help you , I am sure . I was not prepared to asnwer all these questions . But I had fare idea how to face such questioning.

Originally posted by kash777
2 weeks ago I had entered at San Francisco airport on AP:

questions asked:

1. which company are you working for ?
2 is this company sponsering your GC ?
3. Do you have company identity card ?

ans : no ,I have company letter mentioning that I am on vacation and employed by them
4. How long you have been out of US ?
5.What is the reason I went on vacation?
6. where is your company located ?
7. Where is your work location?
8. Why are you working at different site when your compay have office at other place?
9. Where do you live ?
10. Did you buy home here ?
11. Where it is located?
12. How much is the price and how big is the home?

I answered peacefully,politely and very firmly . The guy at seconday INS did not check or asked any other document . They do not took my finger print as they now take for H1 people. When I answerd the only he stamped AP . It took 20-25 minutes approx. However I had kept ready on table in file , 140 approved copy,compnay letter,485 recepit , pay stubs.EAD etc...

This will help you , I am sure . I was not prepared to asnwer all these questions . But I had fare idea how to face such questioning.

Recently I returned from vacation. I used AP to re-enter USA. POE was Detroit. First checking no questions asked, just verified AP and directed me to second officer, Second inspection officer asked me to give other two copies of AP since I gave only one AP.

for edison

edison - was that it? did they ask you any other questions? how long do you think it took you to clear immigration.

thanks.

I recently received 2 copies of my AP approval notices. Just want to make sure that we indeed receive only 2 copies of the AP approval notices.

Please clarify. Thanks

I got three copies

I dont know why. My ap was approved late last yr in vsc.
also is employment letter ensuring that I will work for them needed.
I just have a copy of regular employment letter