Do you share my impression about 485 processing @ NSC?

Greeb Pop

Registered Users (C)
Observation 1. It seems to me that NSC is processing very few 485 applications right now. This is just based on approval messages appearing in this forum as well as the data from immitracker.com. Or is it because there were fewer applications with RD\'s and ND\'s from Sep 2000 - Dec2000 so they have fewer cases to process?

My RD and ND is sep 2000. Based on my conversation with an IIO about a month ago it was not assigned to an officer. Although we do see some approvals for even as far as April 2001 the bulk of the cases have not been looked at yet so these are kind of random cases and are not representative of the trend.

Observation #2. It takes some effort for NSC to go ahead and clear up the backlogs. That seems to be the case for prior I-140 processing as well: few cases approved here and there but all of a sudden there was a surge in approvals and then a drop.

If these observations are correct we could wait for months and months before NSC decide to clear up the backlog.

Just trying to set reasonable expectations... as opposed to becoming desparate.

Criteria for Approvals

This may be the pattern for approvals! Apparently, EB categories, priority dates or residing state don\'t effect the approval decisions. NSC may be going off LIN numbers and only approving cases that are clear cut w.r.t same employer, same state of residence, no status changes etc., the rest of the cases in descending order of LIN# with any likely issues or changes get scrutinized and delayed or RFE\'d and delayed.

I think processing depends on Officer & his efficiency

I think processing depends on particular officer & his efficiency. I think thats why we see disparity in the approvals. Some officers are efficient & others are not. Also after 9/11 things seems to have slowed.

There can\'t be any other explanation. If you notice, CSC has been approving case pretty fast. So if CSC can do then why can\'t NSC?

Achiever

one more possible reason

Maybe people in Nebraska are more anti immigrants than the people in California. It\'s possible.

Anything is possible and

all we can do is keep all our fingers crossed and wait. It is well accepted fact that INS requires some additional funding and reforms to function properly, more efficiently. However, it seems that people in Washington are more interested in passing dubious immigration bills which helps immi. lawyers boost their revenues and resulting INS more limping.

That is not a fair statement. They have to meet some level of processing

It is nto a choice to process or not proces cases. Maybe decisions ar enot made favorably but they still have to make a decision. They cant juts sit there and say im anti immigranmt so i wont process anything today

I have heard ....

I have heard from someone here earlier that INS takes a couple of months of files at a time and assigns to officers. You could get lucky and get approval earlier than someone else who was a couple of months before you. If that is the case, you will get yours soon. Say, for example, they process 3 months at a time. If you are lucky, your file can be picked up early or later in that window

No Title

Do you know how much time each officer spends on each case, probably an hour at the most? We are talking about backlogs of 8 months here. People with ND of Sep 2000 do not see approvals and some folks with ND of April 2001 have seen approvals (no jealousy here, just for data anlaysis point of view!!!). If an officer takes 1 to 2 months to process and approve a case and they pick 3 months at a time and each officer\'s efficiency is obviously different, your argument holds.

Whats the point is having LIN 00....... and claiming that they follow first come first served basis. Even with this system, we can see some approvals of later NDs, but not by a difference of 8 months.

If NSC continues, they will achieve their target of processing I-485s in 6 months by Sep. 2002 (this was their goal, remember!!!). On paper they will achieve it and in reality the cases are backlogged for more than a year.

I say, PRIVATISE processing of INS applications. They are not taking any minimal fees here. They are taking pretty good amounts of application fees and they are increasing the fee structure every now and then.

another MAYBE

shahas, you are right. They can\'t sit there all day and not doing anything. However, they have a choice to do their job efficiently or not. Maybe they throw your file under their butts if they don\'t like the way you looked on your picture. How do you explain there are RD: Aug/Sept 00 cases still not having a decision yet? Maybe they are not anti immigrants but anti colored people. Maybe some officers they process cases of people from Europe faster than people from India/China.

Listen carefully, I said MAYBE. So, please don\'t quote my MAYBE as STATEMENT. OK?

I reiterate..

Most people who have their approvals fast are seemingly the ones who have no issues at all. i agree that the officers who get a file don\'t spend too much time on it, if it is clear cut they approve it right away, if it is a little dubious/or has some level of complexity(changes etc. etc.)it is put aside for further scrutiny with the rest of the back logs. Sure they may be some outlier cases, but for the most part NSC goes by the LIN#!!

I THINK WE ALL SHOULD PRESSURE OUR ATTORNEY\'S TO TAKE UP THIS ISSUE WITH AILA TO INS, THAT THEY SHO

The whole world follows the QUE SYSTEM, even kindergarten kids follow the QUE SYSTEM, when they go to bathroom or even boarding a BUS, how come INS will not follow QUE SYSTEM HERE, WHAT IS THE POINT IN GIVING THE SO CALLED LIN #S, IT IS ALL FARSE. THEY SHOULD ABOLISH THIS 3 MONTH WINDOW SYSTEM, LET THEM DIVIDE ALL THE FILES ON MONTH TO MONTH BASIS TO ALL OF THEIR ADJUDICATORS in approving I 485 cases, and treat all the applicants in the FAIR MANNER,

RAMUKESI

They can widen the window

If they enlarge the window to one year. So somebody with ND Aug2001 will be approved before ND Aug2000 cases. They may implement a system depends on your horoscope or whatever else other than LIN#. I don\'t think my case is complecated, everything is under NSC, no CP, no out of status, no other issues, no drug smuggling, no even DUI. My complexion is as dark as ohter approved chinese, my degree was from US school, my PD is earlier than most of others, blah blah. So what? Still waiting.

Do you agree though that NSC do less I485\'s then they used to?

It still seems to me that unless NSC makes I485 more of a priority our "outlier" cases can take months to get processed?

NSC did seem to temporarily raise the priority for various kinds of applications including I485 and I140. On those occasions many cases including "outlier" cases got approved.

So my point is that while some of us may get approved sooner, the chances are it will happen during one of those spikes in NSC I485 processing. PD, country of origin and to some degree ND are not important.

Again, I am trying to get a feel of the situation in order to set
reasonable expectations.