Do you see this trend?

GCFORMEORNOT

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

Last 3-4 years after India and chinese economy started booming I have seen that many Indian companies (Infy/wipro/pcs) do not apply for Green Cards for all thiesr US employees. They file GCs for KEY employees and marketing guys.
Most of the Software engineers work for 3,4,5 years and go back.
I recently read somewhere that Infy/wipro although applied for 20K H1 visas only applied for less than 100 GC last year.

Have you seen this trend?

Hello,

Last 3-4 years after India and chinese economy started booming I have seen that many Indian companies (Infy/wipro/pcs) do not apply for Green Cards for all thiesr US employees. They file GCs for KEY employees and marketing guys.
Most of the Software engineers work for 3,4,5 years and go back.
I recently read somewhere that Infy/wipro although applied for 20K H1 visas only applied for less than 100 GC last year.

Have you seen this trend?
I thought that policy has been in place since a long time...

employees are clearly told that they have to come back to india after the temporary deployment....since they want to give chance to other employees also to make more moolah...

i am sure GC is not part of any discussions when the employee requests a overseas deployment...

Does this mean last 4 years we have less GC seeker from H1 quota for India.
(Note top 8 company take around 20K H1)

I thought that policy has been in place since a long time...

employees are clearly told that they have to come back to india after the temporary deployment....since they want to give chance to other employees also to make more moolah...

i am sure GC is not part of any discussions when the employee requests a overseas deployment...

would that mean EB2/EB3 would move fast in next 2 months ..GC costs have become prohibitive ..one of my friends was told that they would deduct $9000.00 now and more later if needed

Irrelevant

IBM India, doesn't apply for the GC too; but ppl who want GC jump while they are here. How does it reduce the number of applicants????????

60%??? no way its nearly 90% who jump.
i think that used to be in the past....now a days....jobs in india are highly paid......and also the GC dream is gone.........add to that the insecurity of working for a exploiting consulting company rather than a indian MNC like satyam, wipro, infosys, mphasis etc...

paywise they stand to gain by jumping....but job security will be gone....unlike as of now if their assignment ends in usa...they go back to their indian job...

but my friend in satyam....wants to jump to make more money....(he wants to earn as much as possible in 2-3 years.....does not care about job security)