• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Do you know only 61% of selected Iranians will receive Visa!?

Siamak

Registered Users (C)
Dear my Iranian friends,
Since within each region, no one country may receive more than seven percent of the available Diversity Visas in any one year and in Asia 11955 people have been selected this year so it means for each country in Asia Maximum 840 people will receive visa. Since in Iran 1361 people have been selected, unfortunately 39% of applications will be rejected.
I said that because my case numbers is 89XX and I forecast my visa interview will be either April or May 2007. There is a risk for me and who has the same situation.
Please advise me if you think something else.

Siamak said:
Dear my Iranian friends,
Since within each region, no one country may receive more than seven percent of the available Diversity Visas in any one year and in Asia 11955 people have been selected this year so it means for each country in Asia Maximum 840 people will receive visa. Since in Iran 1361 people have been selected, unfortunately 39% of applications will be rejected.
I said that because my case numbers is 89XX and I forecast my visa interview will be either April or May 2007. There is a risk for me and who has the same situation.
Please advise me if you think something else.
Dear Siamak salam
I did such calculations and so many others a few months ago and got to the
same point as you.
there are so many things which we should consider.
first is the fact of maximum 7%.
the worst part is you don't know how many IRANIANS are before you.
the other is when they say 50000 visas are available means 50000 people
(winners and Beneficiaries)will recieve thease visas or just 50000 visas
for winners and with their beneficiaries the visas are much more than 50000.
when they say this year IRAN has 1361 winners it means just the winners
or winners plus beneficiaries.
I ask (such questions) several immigration lawyers but they have nothing to
say! just one of them told me a considerable and deliberatable point,
He said if at the above of your first letter(notification letter) mentioned "CONGRATULATIONS" and the rest... it means that according to the Kentucky calculations you are among that 7% and have the chance to interview.But if they've not written the word "CONGRATULATIONS" and just siad " you are among those randomly selected etc...
it means that you are in reservation list and just should pray for interview.

he said all those 61% (840 people) recived letter with "CONGRATULATIONS" and the rest 39%(1361-841=520 people) recieved the same latter but just without the word "CONGRATULATIONS"
if you've recived "CONGRATULATIONS" so CONGRATULATIONS you still have the chance.
I hope this helps
GOOD LUCK

Last edited by a moderator:
gr8ideaman said:
Dear Siamak salam
IHe said if at the above of your first letter(notification letter) mentioned "CONGRATULATIONS" and the rest... it means that according to the Kentucky calculations you are among that 7% and have the chance to interview.But if they've not written the word "CONGRATULATIONS" and just siad " you are among those randomly selected etc...
it means that you are in reservation list and just should pray for interview.

he said all those 61% (840 people) recived letter with "CONGRATULATIONS" and the rest 39%(1361-841=520 people) recieved the same latter but just without the word "CONGRATULATIONS"
if you've recived "CONGRATULATIONS" so CONGRATULATIONS you still have the chance.
I hope this helps
GOOD LUCK

Folks,
What is going on here! Firstly, gr8ideaman are u confirming this 61% and 39% split for winners in Iran as mentioned by Siamak and additionally can any one corroborate this CONGRATULATIONS thing!

My understanding is that no one country can produce more than 7% of the total winners, this is only applicable to countries with high number of winners.

Also, I know that visa limits are set for various regions with a formula designed by the US State Department, unless gr8ideaman is confirming this formula ???

Any advice on the other regions.

gr8ideaman said:
the other is when they say 50000 visas are available means 50000 people
(winners and Beneficiaries)will recieve thease visas or just 50000 visas
for winners and with their beneficiaries the visas are much more than 50000.

The 50,000 visas are for winners AND beneficiaries and not winners only.

See this statistic for 2003:
In fiscal year 2003, Department of State embassies and consulates issued 48,115 diversity visas to persons from 158 countries/geographic entities.
The statistics cited are drawn from the 48,115 visas issued by the Department of State (24,278 principal applicants, plus 23,837 derivative family members).

According to the yearbook 2,597 people became permanent residens by adjustment of status based on DV-2003. Thus 50,712 diversity visas were issued in DV-2003.

You can see more statistics on this link:
http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_1466.html

Good Luck.

Last edited by a moderator: