Do you have same RFE as what I have received?

Mike1

Registered Users (C)
I received a letter requesting additional evidence, such as copies of documents, birth certificate and

"Please submit a letter and/or other documentary evidence which establishes that you will continue to be engaged in the occupation of which the national interest waiver is based. This evidence shall specify how you intend to serve the national interest an confirm that you intend to carry out the terms and conditions of the underlying I-140 petition."

What documents should I provide? What should I put in this letter? What is the terms and conditions of I-140 petition (NIW)?

Thanks!!

I-140: NIW
I-485:
RD: 06/26/02
ND: 07/09/02

Self-Petitoned NIW

Do you have a self-petitioned NIW or is it employer sponsored?
If it is self-petitioned, you may need to speak to your attorney regarding the letter that you need to send to BCIS. It is a little strange as NIW self-petitions once approved by the BCIS do not normally require further proof as that amounts to providing evidence based on which the I-140 was approved and they already have that. Did you file your I-140 with Nebraska too?
Good luck.

self-petitioned NIW

My I-140 was approved based on self-petitioned NIW and at NSC. My attoney has been suspended to practice the law. After reading the message many times I decided to let my current boss write an employment letter to support me. Hopfully, it will let them happy.

NIW info

Hi Mike1,

Iam a new memeber at this portal and was reading your thread. We have been asked to send replies for RFE, and the most confusing one is regarding the employment details. Actually Iam a derivative 485 applicant and my spouose has been asked to furnish a letter from his employer stating that they have the intention of retaining him on a permenant basis. To be explicit, a letter showing evidence of permenant employment. But my spouse is in a contract work, in research work, and he is not able to procure one from his current employer, so to say. So we are "perplexed" and we have very little time, less than 2 months to either look for another employer willing to help us, or I dont know what.....

Our status is based on I-140 (NIW). Can you Mike1, or someone else give us some helpful hints in this regard.

One of my several questions is , as a NIW applicant, do you think we will be asked to furinsh such a letter of employment, or am I not understanding the statements properly?

Somebody, please help!

Mike1 said:
I received a letter requesting additional evidence, such as copies of documents, birth certificate and

"Please submit a letter and/or other documentary evidence which establishes that you will continue to be engaged in the occupation of which the national interest waiver is based. This evidence shall specify how you intend to serve the national interest an confirm that you intend to carry out the terms and conditions of the underlying I-140 petition."

What documents should I provide? What should I put in this letter? What is the terms and conditions of I-140 petition (NIW)?

Thanks!!

I-140: NIW
I-485:
RD: 06/26/02
ND: 07/09/02

Hi Mike,
I got the essentially the same RFE. I also filed NIW. When I applied for
I 485 in March 2002, I got a letter from my employer (on University letterhead) in the following format:

"I am writing the letter in support of Dr. X's application for permanent residence. Dr. X is currently employed by the U of Y as a (job title here)
in Dept Z.

In his current position, Dr X engages in research in area W. He
also publishes his research findings in scientific journals and presents his work at scientific conferences.

Dr X currently receives an annual salary of $N."

In April 2004 I got an RFE asking me to provide a letter that I continue to work in the same area. I simply got my employer to write a new letter, identical to the first, the only difference being the new date and new salary.
It worked, and the case was approved yesterday.

I should mention that I am a postdoc ie not a permanent employee. Note that the letter never mentions the duration of employment. Technically, NIW does not require proof of permanent employment, I believe. Since the RFE only requires proof of CURRENT employment, this sort of letter should suffice.

I hope this helps.

Thanks for your information!

Thanks ih8uscis, I got the letter from my current supervisor (in university). It says my postion is a full-time position at an annual salary of XXXX and some job details. I will submit this letter with my recent publications and citation to them next monday.

For perplexed!, your RFE looks unusual to me. I went over my I-140 petition very carefully and it asked for the waiver of the job offer because of NIW. It is good to contact your attoney, they will give you more information.

Thanks,

Mike1

Niw Rfe

Hi, - what is the meaning of the phrase "offering you a permanent, full-time position" ? full-time to my knowledge if 8 hr. a day but I did not understand how do we classify permanent? As you had suggested will having a proof of "full time employment" from current employer without an end-date be construed as permanent? - will they ask this at the interview? eg. "ARE YOU PERMANENTLY EMPLOYER?"

perplexed! said:
Sorry A Typo - Replace "permanently Employer" With "permanently Employed"

Just as an FYI, you can edit your previous post by clicking on the 'EDIT/DELETE' button below your post.