Do you have a LUD on Oct 1?

i have an LUD as well as message change. Previously it used to be we have received your FP result on Nov 16 2004.... now is is Oct 01,2005....Only the date has changed.. in the msg....Does it mean anything as we wish????
Chances are remote....

My LUD got updated on Sept 29th, 30th and OCT 1st.
But my message did not change.

I gave my Biometrics on Sept 28TH.
Did email inquiry on Sept 29TH.

-- SSRK

Same here !
I mailed XII485 on 29th...got reply from James Williams saying sent to FBI(Name Check)
LUD changed 9/30 and then 10/1 with no message change.

Any clue....whats going on...

If I have filed I485 8months back..how retro will impact me?

Appreciate your comments.

InderPaul

Well, almost everybody got a LUD on Oct 1. Maybe, USCIS organized all the applications according to their PD since retrogression begins.

Same for me, my wife and my son.

I gave my Biometrics on the 29th of Sep. Saw LUDs on the 30th and on the 1st. Sent e-mail on the same day to Div XII. No response yet on that !!!

Anyway, I asked my lawyer and according to him ( I do not have a lot of faith in his knowledge !!! ) the retrogression does not apply to cases which are already filed. But according to all these forums and other forums I searched, it does apply. So I think no body is still clear on what will happen. I believe the next few weeks will tell us a lot as people would inquire and they might be told that your case is waiting becasue the dates have retrogressed !!!

Good luck to all of us !!

Take Care,
Waiting_4GC
I-485 RD : 04/09/2004 ( NC pending for self, wife & son )
Bio metric done - 09/29/2005
Time to renew EAD and get EAD 3 - 11/2005 !!!

I got an e-mail from Div XII saying that my NC is still pending and USCIS can not do anything about it !!! I have heard this a million times, so it does not sadden/surprise me at all.

Anyway, the other point was made very clear in the e-mail saying that "There are no visas available currently". This clearly means that all the applications pending or new get affected by the retrogression.

Thanks,
Waiting_4GC
I-485 RD : 04/09/2004 ( NC pending for self, wife & son )
PD - Oct 2001
Bio metric done - 09/29/2005
Time to renew EAD and get EAD 3 - 11/2005 !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the reply from Div Xii ----

This is to inform you that the I-485 in question is still pending. The
reason that it is still pending is that USCIS is awaiting NAME CHECK results
from the FBI. It may have been a long time since we sent the name, but USCIS has no control of the time it takes.USCIS also does not have dates as to when the Names
were originally sent to the FBI, we can only confirm that they in fact were
sent.
Secondly, there are currently no visas available.
Please Note: If the principal is not adjudicated then the derivatives
will
NOT
be adjudicated. We apologize for any and all inconvenience this may
cause.

WHAT TO DO NOW ANY SUGGESTIONS......

hope_Nov said:
Well, nothing we can do, just wait or join the fight to increase the visa number.

They just say ---- ur case is in FBI namecheck, nobody is giving me the date when they sent my case to FBI.
Is there any way to know the date?

GC is very important in this country then why don't they improve the GC processing system.
We have to find something out, this is not fair. They will do 1999 case now,and after that ours. Why don't they do all cases on time so that there will be no "pending" things..... Government offices are same everywhere chaye wo India ho ya U.S.

485 RFE..Process further or not?

Guys,

I got an RFE( 485) on sep 30th. Will they process the case after the response is sent or leave it in the cans ?

I was thinking that since an RFE was issued, so technically they started processing my case with a available visa number , so it should continue after the response is sent. Your feedback please.

Thanks,
GBA

Why would they want to improve the processing speed? It is a win - win situation for them. Slowing down is better for them so that every year we have to pay them heavy fees to renew H1 or EDA/AP. And also with this they can pacify citizens to show that inflows of immigrants are slower so do their chances of loosing jobs.

Since we are future vote bank too so speed will improve during elections. No matter weather they have enough visa or not or even it retrogress further. This is what I saw in last 4-5 years. Every Tom, Dick and Harry got approval just before election last year and it almost stopped after November. I know some people who used substitute labor got their green card approvals faster than their credit card approvals in the name of backlog removals. Now we know people from 1998 and 1999 are still struggling to get one.
Guys believe me rule of the game is Make Noise. The more you shout the faster you get.

I also got a LUD of 10/3/05 without any message change. Where did you guys send emails to get the response like those listed above? Thanks for sharing all the information.
My case:
140/485 concurrent on 4/7/05
140 AD 6/21/2005
FP 9/10/2005
LUD 9/13/2005 without message change
LUD 9/17/2005 with "fingerprinting received" message
LUD 9/29/2005, 10/03/2005 without message change

Hi All,
What is the procedure to know about the status of name check at FBI?
Do I need to call / email USCIS or FBI?
Please advice / send the email address / phone number if any / sample email (if U hv)
SVC