Do we see a pattern here?

see my case

I did my FP at SanJose in the month of May, my case number is 02-046-xxxxx. But, my case has not yet been approved, waiting.

My EAD expired on 11/29. Got interim EAD which is valid upto 18 july 2003. Even this will expire and my approval still remains on hold.

SM,

Thanks for that input.

I did my FP in Oct2002. Is there anyone else who has done FP in Oct2002 and got approved?

just curious

-junior
PS: may be I should post this Q as a seperate thread

SM,

WAC-01-296-5xxx

RD: sept2001
ND: sept2001
Got EAD : Dec 2001 (expired dec2002) iEAD in Jan2003 Valid till Sept2003

-junior

Junior with that WAC, I'd call the INS and ask them if your case is assigned yet. With your WAC, you either should expect an approval soon, or maybe you need to call them and make sure your file isn't misplaced.

If I were you, I'd atleast be looking for an answer like "Your case was assigned on .. .", but IIO's at times brush you off and either they lie or their system lies to them, but y'know don't get too depressed if they tell u .. still waiting. But I would call them (yourself), and ask them thsi is my WAC, can you please tell me the status, and if she says still pending, ask .. is it assigned? If so when?

If you cannot get a satisfactory answer thru them on phone, send faxes.

SM,

Thanks for your advice. I just got off the phone with an IIO
He pulled the file and said, its past processing time.

he said he'll mark the file as"past processing time" and forward it to the division (I don't know what that means) but he said I should check in another 3-4 weeks

I guess I should have called them earlier. This is the first time I was calling INS.

He also said that they are currently processing Nov16 2001.

lucky me.. I got connected to INS line in 3 retires and waited for only 18min before I could speak to the IIO

-junior

My Ead expiration date is 1st week of April, so I should not worry about my 485 approval until April. :)

Originally posted by junior
SM,

Thanks for your advice. I just got off the phone with an IIO
He pulled the file and said, its past processing time.

he said he'll mark the file as"past processing time" and forward it to the division (I don't know what that means) but he said I should check in another 3-4 weeks

I guess I should have called them earlier. This is the first time I was calling INS.

He also said that they are currently processing Nov16 2001.

lucky me.. I got connected to INS line in 3 retires and waited for only 18min before I could speak to the IIO

-junior

Junior, told you .. IIO's do respond, if your case is out of the ordinary .. and your's was. INS sucks, but not because they are irresponsible, or don't intend to help you, but only because their hands are probably tied by goverment and it's red tape .. but yea we suffer in the end, and I am sure they realize that.