Do we need to submit individual W2 anytime in the GC process?

blr001

Registered Users (C)
Folks,

I haven't submitted my W2 for I-485 process from the Priority date. Is that a requirement to submit W2 while filing for I-485 ? My IA never asked for W2 at all.

Recently I got a RFE for I-140 and one of my friends suggested to submit the W2 but, the attorney says they don't need W2 !

Please share your thoughts and comments.

Thanks,

I don't remember ever submitting a W2 (except to the IRS of course), but I do remember reading about people getting an RFE that asked for paystubs and W2's up to sometimes two years back. Besides that, I believe that if you get an interview it may be wise to bring your W2's with you, just in case.

blr001 said:
Folks,

I haven't submitted my W2 for I-485 process from the Priority date. Is that a requirement to submit W2 while filing for I-485 ? My IA never asked for W2 at all.

Recently I got a RFE for I-140 and one of my friends suggested to submit the W2 but, the attorney says they don't need W2 !

Please share your thoughts and comments.

Thanks,

W2 is not a required documents. Lot of people including me got the approval without ever submitting the W2. So no need to worry about it. If they want they will ask you.

Thanks alsowaiting,tammy2

When you say W2, are you'll referring to (employee) Tax Returns, Correct ? I haven't submitted my (employee) Tax returns either !?

Please let me know.

Thanks,