• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Do we need sponsors ???

DavidTseng

Registered Users (C)
Some rumors said that all of the DV 2009 winners need the sponsors who are the United States citizens or PR and currently live and work in the USA.Is that true ??? I think it's impossible !!! What do you think about it ???

Last edited by a moderator:
hello

They need sponsor or Guarantee to make sure that you will not become with welfare system when you arrived USA , so that you have to provide one of three things :
1. Bank statement that you have enough money on your account according to Poverty Guidelines (125% amount according to number of family members) (i think the DV is 100% of the amount accoording to number of family members)
2. I-134 form if you can find any sponsor from the States , by form i-134 the sponsor have to sign it and send it to you , maybe the sponsor have to prove his/her incoming by providing the tax statment for the last year or assets
3. Legaly statement that you have job waiting for you in the USA (contain the job title and payes/week , hour or year

about my experiance , i provided bank statment with $25k and job offer from a company in USA

good luck

I'll show my apartment and US$10000 - 15000 bank account ! I'm currently working at the hotel as the chinese restaurant captain about 2 years.But,I don't have the job offer from the USA.I only have high school diploma.I'm a little bit worry !

Hopefully,I can get immigrant visa !!!

Don’t worry , just try to increase your bank statement and your assets ,(I gave the consular evaluation of my apartment and the registration document when i went to my intreviow , it was in Arabic language and translated to English “the evaluation and the registration “)
Try to find a job through the internet , for example if your job title is “Casher” try to create subject letter with your CV and apply with many Jobfinder websites , it could help
If you just provide the statements of your bank account and the assets it should works

i think you have to provide a leeter "or cirtificate" of your experiance

Good luck

Don’t worry , just try to increase your bank statement and your assets ,(I gave the consular evaluation of my apartment and the registration document when i went to my intreviow , it was in Arabic language and translated to English “the evaluation and the registration “)
Try to find a job through the internet , for example if your job title is “Casher” try to create subject letter with your CV and apply with many Jobfinder websites , it could help
If you just provide the statements of your bank account and the assets it should works

i think you have to provide a leeter "or cirtificate" of your experiance

Good luck

Thanks !
Moreover,my case number is very high AS25XXX .So,I'm worry that I can receive my 2nd NL or not ? I guess I can get my 2nd NL in July or August 2009.Who knows ??? All I have to do is be patience and wait !!! That's all I can do !!! :(

Oh ! I have a question ! Can I get job from the US company right now ? I'm just the diversity visa lottery winner.It doesn't mean that I will get the green card for sure !I'm not the US permanent resident.So,do they hire the person like me without any legal status ? :confused:

try to explain this to the employer , the main target that you have a job once you received your green card , for example i descryped in my CV that i will be available "resident" on November-2008 , it was easy to undarstand that by employer , if any friend can help you in this issues it will be better , it's beter also if the company have good name or have record in the internet

try to explain this to the employer , the main target that you have a job once you received your green card , for example i descryped in my CV that i will be available "resident" on November-2008 , it was easy to undarstand that by employer , if any friend can help you in this issues it will be better , it's beter also if the company have good name or have record in the internet

I personally think majority employer will kind of wait and see to hire you until you have your green card approved regardless you tell them you will be a resident soon (this is also another speculation...ONLY USCIS can tell you for sure if you will get it or not). We can only prepare everything as accurate as possible and present a strong case against USCIS.

A high school diploma is sufficient along with numeruous work experience. I didnt recall the details, but it was explained when you submit your DV application (section who is eligible).

The $$$ is nothing but to show USCIS that once you enter the States, you will not be homeless, no job, or anything that will not contribute to the country. That's why they have the Proverty guidelines, which I believe you should have certain valuable assets (cash, house, etc.) to support you while you are in US.

I personally think majority employer will kind of wait and see to hire you until you have your green card approved regardless you tell them you will be a resident soon (this is also another speculation...ONLY USCIS can tell you for sure if you will get it or not). We can only prepare everything as accurate as possible and present a strong case against USCIS.

A high school diploma is sufficient along with numeruous work experience. I didnt recall the details, but it was explained when you submit your DV application (section who is eligible).

The $$$ is nothing but to show USCIS that once you enter the States, you will not be homeless, no job, or anything that will not contribute to the country. That's why they have the Proverty guidelines, which I believe you should have certain valuable assets (cash, house, etc.) to support you while you are in US.

Thanks ! Sounds like I have chance to get my immigrant visa ! But,who knows ??? :eek:
Anyway,I will try my best to be the permanent resident ! That's my dream !!! :rolleyes:
Everyday,I'm praying for Green Card ! Ha...Ha...

I think you have a good job right now so you should not got ot USA at all -why do you need that problem -it will be hard for you to find something like that in the USA -restorants are closing left and right -it might get better in say 4-5 years -but would you lose that much time ?and wait for better -also if you are meried and have children its 10x worse ; I would think twice before I decide to go -you can only dream to save that kind of money in the USA at the moment ;they might take ypur money in the embassy and then consul might say sorry but.......; they dont give back the money -you can always go by yourself later and find the job

I think you have a good job right now so you should not got ot USA at all -why do you need that problem -it will be hard for you to find something like that in the USA -restorants are closing left and right -it might get better in say 4-5 years -but would you lose that much time ?and wait for better -also if you are meried and have children its 10x worse ; I would think twice before I decide to go -you can only dream to save that kind of money in the USA at the moment ;they might take ypur money in the embassy and then consul might say sorry but.......; they dont give back the money -you can always go by yourself later and find the job

I really want to live,work and study in the United States.That's my dream !!! :rolleyes:
But,I don't really know that American is a hell or not ? :confused:
Anyway,I want to give me a chace to immigrate to the USA.Let me try it ! :eek:

kolja

Let me know a little about you ! For example,where are you living ? What's your nationality ? How old are you ? What's your job ? Are you single or married ?

Seems like you don't like America very much.So,why did you participate in US green card lottery ? Please answer me !

I really want to live,work and study in the United States.That's my dream !!! :rolleyes:
But,I don't really know that American is a hell or not ? :confused:
Anyway,I want to give me a chace to immigrate to the USA.Let me try it ! :eek:

It would be your choice if you want to migrate to the U.S or not. I understand that to the outside world, the U.S seems like this beautiful land of milk and honey where all your dream will come true. I laugh when I meet people who think the U.S that way because it is not true. Forget how Hollywood portrays the beautiful America, for the most part, those are not what it looks like.

I have friends who came the U.S to visit and most of them when they come here, they said they want to live in the U.S, but what they don't realize is how difficult surviving in this country. Money and education is essential to survive in this country. It is the main reason why the U.S government ask for your High School Diploma and your proof of financial. Without one of them, you'll not be living better as you were in your home country. I have seen people who only graduating High School living in the U.S only to find themselves working as a waiter in a restaurant, in a fast food place, or bagging grocery at the local supermarket. Living monthly from paycheck to paycheck with little or no saving. On the other hand, I have seen people with solid education background/job experience having little problem finding a good job, they're making good income, and living comfortably in the U.S.

Hard working is also important to survive in the U.S. Even with little money and little education, you still can be success by working hard. Most Immigrants that came to the U.S in the past have proven themselves from generations to generations that hard work does pay off. You'll see that immigrants in the U.S are known for their hard working mentality. This is a good thing because it is one of the reason why Americans want to hire immigrants to work for them.

There is also an issue of racial stereotype or profiling in the U.S that is still widely spread and causing certain immigrants that come from certain countries or race hard to fit in or find a job or even advancing in their career. I'm not going to discuss this. Only you can experience this by yourself.

Just a brief view how life in the U.S is. I have been in the U.S for 10 years, and I have seen the good and the ugly from all kind of life. You need to ask yourself, can you make it? are you willing to work hard to achieve that American Dream? I leave for you to decide...;)

Last edited by a moderator:
It would be your choice if you want to migrate to the U.S or not. I understand that to the outside world, the U.S seems like this beautiful land of milk and honey where all your dream will come true. I laugh when I meet people who think the U.S that way because it is not true. Forget how Hollywood portrays the beautiful America, for the most part, those are not what it looks like.

I have friends who came the U.S to visit and most of them when they come here, they said they want to live in the U.S, but what they don't realize is how difficult surviving in this country. Money and education is essential to survive in this country. It is the main reason why the U.S government ask for your High School Diploma and your proof of financial. Without one of them, you'll not be living better as you were in your home country. I have seen people who only graduating High School living in the U.S only to find themselves working as a waiter in a restaurant, in a fast food place, or bagging grocery at the local supermarket. Living monthly from paycheck to paycheck with little or no saving. On the other hand, I have seen people with solid education background/job experience having little problem finding a good job, they're making good income, and living comfortably in the U.S.

Hard working is also important to survive in the U.S. Even with little money and little education, you still can be success by working hard. Most Immigrants that came to the U.S in the past have proven themselves from generations to generations that hard work does pay off. You'll see that immigrants in the U.S are known for their hard working mentality. This is a good thing because it is one of the reason why Americans want to hire immigrants to work for them.

There is also an issue of racial stereotype or profiling in the U.S that still widely spread and causing certain immigrants that come from certain countries or race hard to fit in or find job or even advancing in their career. I'm not going to discuss this. Only you can experience this by yourself.

Just a brief view how life in the U.S is. I have been in the U.S for 10 years, and I have seen the good and the ugly from all kind of life. You need to ask yourself, can you make it? are you willing to work hard to achieve that American Dream? I leave the rest to you...;)

I know what you mean and agree with you ! I knew some people who immigrated to the USA.They live and work there.They are not high educated persons.But,they work very hard.They work two jobs.They save money as much as possible for their future and next generations.I really admire them !

Again,I want to make a try !!! I think I can do it like any other persons !!! I will try my best !!!

go ahead , if you dont do that you will keep think by your self that "oah why i didn't go and try :) " so that just go and try your best and wish you good luck , USA is open country and have amazing chances

The beauty of having a Green Card is that you still retain your country citizenship. Try living in the U.S for couple of months or years and see how it goes. If things doesn't work out, you can always go back to your home country. :)

The beauty of having a Green Card is that you still retain your country citizenship. Try living in the U.S for couple of months or years and see how it goes. If things doesn't work out, you can always go back to your home country. :)

Yes,that's great !!! ;)