Do We Need RTD for domestic travel/flight

kenryu

Registered Users (C)
This topic probably has been discussed many times before but I just want to make sure. I'm asylee and have applied for I-485/GC adjusment in 2000. Do I need Refugee Travel Document if I travel by plane within the state or to to other state (like New York, Oregon, etc). is there any asylee who has taken flight to other state or within their home state. Do the people in airport ask your country passport? or just state id? driving license? Please let me know . Thank's.

kenryu said:
This topic probably has been discussed many times before but I just want to make sure. I'm asylee and have applied for I-485/GC adjusment in 2000. Do I need Refugee Travel Document if I travel by plane within the state or to to other state (like New York, Oregon, etc). is there any asylee who has taken flight to other state or within their home state. Do the people in airport ask your country passport? or just state id? driving license? Please let me know . Thank's.

Just valid state id or driving license is enough for domestic travelling.

Last edited by a moderator:
I fly every three month. All you need is valid DL or State ID, as mentioned in the above post.

any bad experience in domestic flight?

Thank you for the responses. So either Driving license or State ID is enough? Will they check your I-94 or something like that? Has anybody experienced a case where they're being asked about the immigration status or passport? Is there any implication in terms of getting Green Card or Citizenship if we travel in state or out of the state? I know it sounds crazy if they do that but I just want to make sure first. Please reply , Thank's

Yes. I dont know what mught change but I wont be surprised if they check for immigration status on domestic flights.

When

When the realID act start to be valid or implemented? anybody know anything ? or I'm worried too much?.. :D

You are getting worried too much. Whats wrong with you dude. You will be just fine as long as you have a state ID.

Thank's

ok Thank's. Just wanna make sure that it won't affect my GC application or citizenship in the future. Thank's.

People please stop assuming things. Person needs a valid State ID or DL for any domestic flight. That's it. There is NO need for any immigration document (I 94, RTD, EAD...). Have a safe trip!

kenryu said:
ok Thank's. Just wanna make sure that it won't affect my GC application or citizenship in the future. Thank's.

Do you think traveling within the USA will affect your GC and or your Citizen,, if that true not asylee will become citizens,, Take it Easy, it is alot simpler than what you think.