do we need a transit visa to fly in Delta via Paris

ms001

Registered Users (C)
has anyone travelled recently with AirFrance or Delta.. i'm planning to travel next week.. hope we don't need a transit visa as it used to be .. a year back or so.

anyone travelled recently or know abt it. I am travelling with my AP

My friend did

He didnt need one.

His bags didnt like to go with him and took a couple of extra days to go around the world!

Good luck!

Depends

I travelled to India last month and when I was booking my tickets the travel agent told me that if you do not have a valid Visa stamp like H1 or H4 on your passport U need a transit visa for travelling. The people out there don't consider the EAD card or AP document.
Hope this helps

tit for tat

Boycott air france...use another carrier. let them wonder why none of the 3.2 million indians in US + millions of other immigrants from China, Vietnam and others never use their flights, and THEN let then come and kiss up to us.

If they don't need us, we don't need them. ;)

Bad Day at AirPort

I would be in India by now, had they(AF) allowed me to fly on Sunday(5 Jan). :mad:
They said you don't have valid Visa on your passport as ur stamping is expired. I have AP and valid H-1 but AF refused and I came back with 2 small kids and barrage of luggage. Now I am flying on 11th.
If you check their web site http://www.cfatlanta.org/ .... i could not see if Indian Citizen need transit visa.
They should have allowed me to go becasue I have valid reentery i.e. AP. Now I am have to for Transit visa for my 1 hour stay at Paris Airport :mad:

AF sucks!!!

AirFrance need Transit Visa, pls check with the consulate.

Counsulate numbers

404-495-1660
404-495-1674

Beaware... These guys are very-2 RUDE!!!!!.... Even the Lady at the Airport (Tickting) was verey-2 RUDE....
I am going to register this with AF...

yeah just checked

i'll need a visa .. to pass through Paris.. wow it suck..

shall i call it a really bad start of this year...

Last edited by a moderator:
how about GC holder

Do you need france visa
if you are flying with air india, gc holder and stop at paris.

any help will be appriciated.

You dont need any visa

I recently travelled to India in July 2002 by Delta via Paris. I did not need any visa.

Then I travelled to London via Paris by Air-france on Thanksgiving week in November 2002.

I got a letter from France counsulate saying I dont need visa...just to show to airport authorities. They have pre-typed letters..on which they stamp date and year to make it current/valid.

These people do not understand the meaing of EAD and AP. The person we came across took long time scanning our documents and told that one of our H1 visa is expired and then took all our papers and went inside and came back after 15 minutes saying 'Sorry'..you have valid EAD and AP and that will do.

So all you need is to get this letter from France counsulate.

Hope this helps.
SEPT25RD

saini_vivek

what are you doing for coming back from India via Paris.. are u taking a transit visa from a french consulate in India.

That's what is told to me.. that there is no round trip airport transit visa and one has to take it from the country one is boarding flight from..

sept 25 RD
---------------------
how did u manage to get that letter.. did u ask for that or that's a standard letter they issue to Indian nationals

all replies appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi MS001

I asked for the letter. They have it pretyped 'to whosoever concerned'
They dont give anything without asking.

Hi ms001

I am not sure what I am going to do for return. I would try to get one letter from consulate.
Any Advise is Highely appreciated!!
thanks,
Vivek

NO

No you don't need Transit visa unless you are Citizen of Pakistan.

So guys chill have a safe trip if you are traveling to INDIA.