do we have to wait for 90 days after FP to do the fax inquiry

hellen hu

Registered Users (C)
some people in this forum said we have to wait for 90 days after FP to do the fax inquiry, is it right, if yes, where it says so, or it is just based on people\'s experience? thanks.

No Title

desilndistress, I did 485 by myself, not through lawyer. Did you see it somewhere saying so?

Process to get FP

Hellen,

I noticed that you have gone through quite some process to finally
get your FP notice. Would you please give me more detail on the
process, such as what you did (phone number, fax number, forms),
how many times, and what you think is the key step that gets you
the FP notice? I am waiting for mine, WAC-01-250-*****.

Thanks a lot.

I called, faxed and not sure which one helped.

I called IIO for at least 5 times, faxed for at least 3 times, the no. was sth. ended with 3484 (somebody posted it), also faxed it to sht. ended with 3486. then I got FP notice, did not know which one helped. Try all of them. Talkingto IIO is really depend on your luck, sometimes you get someone really nice and helpful, sometime not helpful at all.

I\'m sorry I don\'t have the number.. I asked my lawyer..

My lawyer\'s assistant sends out faxed inquiry often and she told me the procedure she goes through. I didn\'t ask the details because she does it for me! But I also talked with my lawyer and one more lawyer - both said that you can fax an inquiry only after 90 days have passed since your FP. I haven\'t seen it in writting but I believe that information from these two lawyers.
If I come across the number/format/etc, I\'ll post it.

Another way to get your FP

Annieyz,

Another way to get your FP is to visit
the local INS office in person in your city.
Please check the entry "Desperately need advice" (acoust "Desperately need advice" 3/14/02 1:19am) to see my experience.

Good luck,

acoust