Do we have to submit entire copy of I-130 petition with I-485

kvs26

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

We are planning to apply for a marriage based GC for a USC spouse.

I understand that we have to submit a copy of our concurrently filed I-130 in the I-485 package as "Evidence of Eligibility". Question is, should we include just a copy of the I-130 form or the whole petition?

This is the wording from the I-485 instructions.

"Attach a copy of the approval notice for an immigrant petition that makes a visa number immediately available to you, or submit a complete relative, special immigrant juvenile, or special immigrant military petition that, if approved, will make a visa number immediately available to you"

Thanks in advance

you need to submit a copy of the I-130 approval notice if you have previously filed it. If you haven't you have to submit the I-130 and I-485 applications together.

you need to submit a copy of the I-130 approval notice if you have previously filed it.
Sending the I-130 receipt is sufficient if the approval has not been received yet.

kvs26 said:
Question is, should we include just a copy of the I-130 form or the whole petition?
Neither. Either you file the I-130 and I-485 together, or you have to wait for the I-130 receipt or I-130 approval notice to send with the I-485.