Do we have to mail documents when we e-file?

VJ2004

Registered Users (C)
I see conflicting responses posted here.
Some users are clearly stated that who ever e-files their EAD/AP renewals online they do not need to mail any necessary documents to USCIS.

Some users and the EAD/AP renewal main thread is stating clearly to mail all the documents to USCIS.

Can some body who ever recently renewd their EAD/AP online clarify please.

Thanks in advance
VJ

VJ2004 said:
Some users are clearly stated that who ever e-files their EAD/AP renewals online they do not need to mail any necessary documents to USCIS.

VJ
The above statement is not correct.
The e-filed confirmation receipt for EAD/AP says very clearly :
Next Steps:
Send supporting documentation to the address below, if required.
. For information on required supporting documentation for this application, see BCIS Form Instructions links http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/index.htm

I have always sent the supporting documents while e-filing for EAD/AP renewals.

Thanks Dallas03096, But I still see couple of users who e-filed recently they are saying firmly that they did not send any docs and no need to send until USCIS asks any.

If I want to send docs, Do I have to mail separately for EAD and AP separately for me and my wife. Or can I send all in one package including my wifes?.

Thanks in advance
Vj

Dallas03096 said:
The above statement is not correct.
The e-filed confirmation receipt for EAD/AP says very clearly :
Next Steps:
Send supporting documentation to the address below, if required.
. For information on required supporting documentation for this application, see BCIS Form Instructions links http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/index.htm

I have always sent the supporting documents while e-filing for EAD/AP renewals.

Send separately

VJ2004 said:
If I want to send docs, Do I have to mail separately for EAD and AP separately for me and my wife. Or can I send all in one package including my wifes?.

Thanks in advance
Vj
Better to mail the documents in separate envelopes for you and your wife.
The wisemen in CIS mail room are capable of messing things up, if you send it in the same envelope :D

It's safe to snd the doco's rather than feel sorry late

CIS folks dont judge the cases by same parameter- so it's better to send the supporting doco's ( may cost couple of dollars) than get RFE for the same.

I did send the doco's.

Good Luck

VJ2004 said:
Thanks Dallas03096, But I still see couple of users who e-filed recently they are saying firmly that they did not send any docs and no need to send until USCIS asks any.

Thanks in advance
Vj

I efiled and called them. The person said I only need to send documents IF requested. What would be the point of filing online if you end up sending documents that they already have with your 485 anyway???

VJ2004 said:
I see conflicting responses posted here.

Some users and the EAD/AP renewal main thread is stating clearly to mail all the documents to USCIS.

Can some body who ever recently renewd their EAD/AP online clarify please.

Thanks in advance
VJ

I have applied for renewal of AP for my wife on July 10th and did not send any supporting doc's, got the approval last week and got the AP in mail on Friday. I was supposed to send the doc's once the processing date is active.

When you apply online, there is receipt generated. That receipt says that send the supporting documents to this address. Did you guys noticed or not??? If you are not sending and taking risk for getting RFE, thats fine. Otherwise better to send all supporting document.

My thought....