Do US Consulates in Canada grant entry visas?

Denverite

Registered Users (C)
If you have an approved I-797 for H-1, with I-94 card and currently residing in the US, can you cross into Canada and obtain at the US consulate there a multiple reentry permit? (i.e. 3rd country consular process). Currently wait times in home country are very long (2 months).

Yes. There is a thread on this portal somewhere - could be Other Visa issues, something like that - that details experiences of people who go to Canada for 3rd party visas.

People with grad degrees from the U.S. and working for reputed companies have the best chances of success. Many people are asked to get the visa stamp from their home countries by the Consulates, who claim that the home consulates are best qualified to examine the applicant's credentials.

Please check that thread for more info.

Thanks, I'll try to find that thread.

I currently have a BSEE, and I've been working for the same employer (a nationwide major construction company )for 5 years. I also am getting a 3 year extension based on an approved I-140.

What worries me is being asked to go back to Jordan, as in I don't know if I could keep a job while not being at work for 2 months.