do u think all this will stop on Nov - 02 - 2004

dashDurai

Registered Users (C)
I think all these approvals we noticed last couple of weeks.. are some kind of hyped up for "positive outlook" from ins.. so that immigrant community will vote for republicans.. ( i mean, all these approvals will stop after Nov-02-2004) :D

do u think so?

dashDurai said:
I think all these approvals we noticed last couple of weeks.. are some kind of hyped up for "positive outlook" from ins.. so that immigrant community will vote for republicans.. ( i mean, all these approvals will stop after Nov-02-2004) :D

do u think so?

you are right. but i am afraid they are targetting unskilled workers because most of them are latinos, and latinos account for 11% of the votes... you will know what i mean if you check out EB2, NIW and outstanding researcher processing dates.

Serenity_now!!! said:
They don't care about immigrants, can't you see that?

wrong. they care about illegal immigrants because their brothers, sisters, and other relatives will vote for them. for well educated law abeying professionals like us, not worth a hill of beans.

zyu said:
wrong. they care about illegal immigrants because their brothers, sisters, and other relatives will vote for them. for well educated law abeying professionals like us, not worth a hill of beans.

Florida and California, with massive immigrant population, still vote for rep's.

zyu said:
.... they care about illegal immigrants because their brothers, sisters, and other relatives will vote for them. for well educated law abeying professionals like us, not worth a hill of beans.

Totally agree!

This is very sad. :(

zyu said:

well of course vote is one consideration. but an even bigger consideration is that we *already* pay our taxes here. the illegal immigrants do not pay taxes at all. they're just bringing more people within the tax net by legalizing the illegal immigrants. it's just gonna be another revenue stream for the government. even if it's small, it's still better nothing. with all the budgetary deficits and all, they need that money. it's all about the almighty dollar. :)

as a side effect, they also get to document the illegal immigrants for all the security hoopla since 9/11/2001.

You

must be citizen to be able to vote.

It is also possible that the processing times can be used to influence the immigration community who are eligible to vote.

Serenity_now!!! said:
Florida and California, with massive immigrant population, still vote for rep's.
florida's a swing state, california's almost always been democratic in presidential elections.

benarasibabu said:
But permanent residents do no vote!!!!
permanent residents don't but their citizen relatives do. govt. is trying to woo the citizen relatives and make some money too.

They stirred up the spirits a little in the beginning of the campaign about the illegals. Nothing was done. And that’s because Clinton administration amnestied already all of them, at that time, and the next one is probably expected in 15 years. It’s obvious they can’t do it every 5 years.

But look at this simple calculation:
6 mils of people in the backlog x(times) filling fees
then
6 mils of people in the backlog over a span of 3 to 4 years x 2(or 3)EAD’s, AP’s, FP’s fees
then
6 mils of people in the backlog x medical fees
then
6 mils of people in the backlog x attorney fees
then
all the taxes these people are paying, earning real salaries, not minimum salaries.

The legal immigrants are the milking cows. They created a whole new infrastructure and it is in the interest of the good business to be maintained. Eliminating the backlog is a utopia. It’s not in anyone interest to do that. What they can do is to shorten the processing time, to become reasonable, and everybody will be happy.

And as a personal opinion, the litigation is of the nature to motivate VSC. That’s why we see that current processing time.

Last edited by a moderator: