Do they verify if EB2/EB3 during consular interview?

JayS

Registered Users (C)
Experienced CPers,

Please post your experiences if the categories EB2/EB3 matters during the interview.

Thanks in advance

JayS

No Title

During my Interview, the officer went thru only me and my family birth certificates, marrigae certificate and employment letter. He did not even looked at other originals. Mine is EB2.

EB-x is important for the priority dates.

Luckily right now all categories and countries are current so EB3 and EB2 are at par.

For ensuring the proper documentation before the CP interview.,

Mine is EB2(B.S. + 5 years case). The sponser is company B(which is a sister concern for company A for which I work with now). My 5 year experience includes my earlier experience with company A and came back to company A after a break. There were no problems in labor,I140 approvals. Just wonder if it going to matter during consular interview.

Thanks in advance,

JayS

I think you shoudn\'t have any problem, provided you have

all the experience letters, and other documents as stated in P4.

I am exactly in the opposite situation, have masters in US and more than 5 years experience, but have both EB categories approved, eventually ended up using EB3, instead of EB2. I am hoping this shouldn\'t cause any problem.

Good Luck
PR4ME

Need experts suggesion again.,

Dear successfull CPers,

Did you all provide experience letters from the companies for whom you worked with at United States. For example, if you have worked for Bank of America for a while, did you get an experience letter from them for the CP interview. I think in U.S. they don\'t provide such letters and any prospects are done thru references.

Please clarify on this.

Thanks again

JayS

Well, if you request your previous employers, they should provide you with...

the experience letter in the format you specify. Ofcourse, companies do provide such letters on request. It\'s just that they don\'t provide it by default when you leave the company as is typically done in India.

Is there anybody with similar situation

like presently working for company A, but worked with the same company(company A) 6 months ago. And company A is filing the GC on EB2 category with BS+5 Years experience. Of these 5 years, the first experience with company A is inclusive. Labor certification,I-140 approvals went thru fine. Because company A is sponsoring the GC, will they disagree the initial experience with company A to qualify for EB2?

I appreciate any feedback on this regard,

JayS

Is there anybody with similar situation

like presently working for company A, but worked with the same company(company A) 6 months ago. And company A is filing the GC on EB2 category with BS+5 Years experience. Of these 5 years, the first experience with company A is inclusive. Labor certification,I-140 approvals went thru fine. Because company A is sponsoring the GC, will they disagree the initial experience with company A to qualify for EB2?

I appreciate any feedback on this regard,

JayS