Do they ask questions during Passport stamping?

Lions

Registered Users (C)
Do they ask questions during Passport stamping? If yes, what kind of questions should one prepare for? Please share your experiences with passport stamping. Particularly the Washington, DC office in Virginia.

Thanks,

EB2- I-485 approved on 02/08/2005

Last edited by a moderator:
Lions said:
Do they ask questions during Passport stamping? If yes, what kind of questions should one prepare for? Please share your experiences with passport stamping. Particularly the Washington, DC office in Virginia.

Thanks,

EB2- I-485 approved on 02/08/2005

Carry all your documents, and be prepared for them to question you on everything from the first time to came to US on your H1B, to the labor filing to the employer chaging to I140 and 485 and any RFE's.
Can take anywhere from 1-6 hours.

Thanks for your response. Is this like an interview or is it just as they say on the approval letter, to stamp your passport with temporary GC and start the process of ordering the permanent card.

Do you know if anyone has been denied because of any question that was not answered satisfactorily?

Again thanks for your response.

Well, we got our passports stamped on March 1st at the Fairfax Virginia office. The entire process took less that twenty minutes for all four of us. Our appointment was at 1.15 for my two daughters and 1.30 for me and my wife. We were all allowed in at 12.40 and were out by 1.00 pm. The whole thing went very smoothly.

Just today I noticed that my LUD has changed on the USCIS website, but the message is still the same ...... "This case has been approved..... My wife and daughters LUD's are still the same.

Can someone please tell me what a change in LUD means at this stage after passport stamping.

Thanks

Lions,

Thanks for sharing your experience.
Did they ask any questions? Did they ask for any documents?
Did you have to bring anything else besides the 140/485 filing docs?
Elnegro

Elnegro said:
Lions,

Thanks for sharing your experience.
Did they ask any questions? Did they ask for any documents?
Did you have to bring anything else besides the 140/485 filing docs?
Elnegro

You don't even have to take 140/485 filing docs. All you have to take is your I-485 approval letter, your I-94, 2 passport pictures (front facing), your infopass appointment letter and of course a valid unexpired passport.

No questions where asked. The officer was very friendly and she just offered her congratulations, took my fingerprint, have me signed a card and stamped my passport.

Good Luck

Lions said:
No questions where asked. The officer was very friendly and she just offered her congratulations, took my fingerprint, have me signed a card and stamped my passport.

Good Luck

Thanks. That's awesome. Congratulations again !
Elnegro