do the kids need to go to ins for passport stamping

sep00

Registered Users (C)
This is my first message on this board!
Our I 485 has been approved, Here comes the question. do we need to take the kids to ins for fingerprinting and stamping, because the lawyer syas you have to kids for finger printing. Can anybody give us a clue on this issue. any experinces on this?

Thanks in advance
sep00

No Title

It depends on how old your kids are. My son who is nine did not require fingerprinting or stamping but I took him along anyway. They stamped his passport even though it wasn\'t required. This might be a good idea in case his card gets delayed for some reason.

It is good idea in case you need to travel outside of US before card arrives.

No Title

Thank you!!
My kids are 8,5 yrs old. without finger printing they stamped his passport?

No Title

It is good to have stamping for kids also. After stamping you don\'t know when you will receive the card.

7 yrs old and they took fingerprints and even photo

My kid is 7 yrs old and they took fingerprints and even photo. It is a good idea to take them along.

No Title

This is response to your private message:

minor kids doesn\'t required to give finger print.

Stamping and filing I-89(application for plastic card) are two different things. Filing I-89 required for all applicants. if you just provide them thier(minor kids) approval letters they will complete the forms for them.

Stamping might required for kids too if they need to travel out side the country. If you take their passports with you they probably put a I-551 stamp along with your passports. This is my understanding and I didn\'t have any first hand experince because we didn\'t have kids yet.

I hope this helps.

No Title

Yes you need to take the kids for stamping if you want to travel before card arrives.
You do not require photos of kids if he/she is under 14 years old.
They will fillout the form of 89 and will ask you to sign and will take your Finger prints on them. Not for kids.
If you check your kids approval notices it clearly says he will get card in 120 days.

Yes they will stamp on kids passport if you insist and h/over the approval notice.

Kiran