Do not send N400 to 2501 S State Hwy 121, Business Suite 400, Lewisville, TX 75067

glrao

Registered Users (C)
Send my N400 to the above address.. Got message from USPS that it been forwarded to lockbox in Dallas..

Quick search in the forum revealed that they closed this facility and forwarding mail to Dallas. So save time and money and send the docs directly to Dallas..

Mods - can you pls add this in the instruction section .. thanks

be careful...you should follow what USCIS current guidance says...and no to guess...where they are forwarding your case (it is USCIS internal matter)...

If you do what you suggest ti do and your case is lost, USCIS can tell you that it is your fault as you did not follow instructions.

agreed, stick with the addresses listed on http://www.uscis.gov/n-400

glrao, could it be that you mailed via regular USPS? In that case you should have used the lockbox address in Dallas (as per the instructions on the link above). Only express/courier should go to Lewisville

I mailed via USPS express. It was the address mentioned in the N400 application.. y suggestion for those who are planning send via USPS express send them via priority to lock box it would save time and money.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also sent my N-400 via USPS Express Mail to 2501 S State Hwy 121, Business Suite 400, Lewisville, TX 75067, and my package was forwarded to the Dallas P.O. Box. I think the confusion is caused by the way the N-400 instructions are written. It says in the latest version of the instructions:

If you are the applicant and you reside in..., send your application to the USCIS Lockbox Facility at the following address:

USCIS
P.O. Box 660060
Dallas, TX 75266

For express/courier deliveries, use the following address:

USCIS
Ann: N-400
2501 5. State Hwy. 121 Business
Suite 400
Lewisville, TX 75067

The problem for me was whether USPS Express Mail would be an "express/courier delivery." Apparently it is not, since it can deliver to P.O. boxes. The street address in Lewisville is apparently only for FedEx, UPS, and other private/non-governmental mail services.

I don't think glrao was suggesting that we ignore filing instructions. Unfortunately the instructions are not clear enough (surprise, surprise... USCIS!!;)), so that even the customer service rep at NCSC advised me to send the package to the street address and not the P.O. box, knowing I was sending it via USPS Express Mail.

Check this link... all applications have to go through NBC
www . uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=2a4e45575536c110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCRD&vgnextchannel=68439c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

I also sent my N-400 via USPS Express Mail to 2501 S State Hwy 121, Business Suite 400, Lewisville, TX 75067, and my package was forwarded to the Dallas P.O. Box. I think the confusion is caused by the way the N-400 instructions are written. It says in the latest version of the instructions:

The problem for me was whether USPS Express Mail would be an "express/courier delivery." Apparently it is not, since it can deliver to P.O. boxes. The street address in Lewisville is apparently only for FedEx, UPS, and other private/non-governmental mail services.

I don't think glrao was suggesting that we ignore filing instructions. Unfortunately the instructions are not clear enough (surprise, surprise... USCIS!!;)), so that even the customer service rep at NCSC advised me to send the package to the street address and not the P.O. box, knowing I was sending it via USPS Express Mail.

hi,

i am looking at your time line signature, have u calculated the oath eligible date as married to USC. or were u notified ?

i sent it to the same address, its actually by the direction of the uscis, that its being forwarded, at first when i saw the forward, i thought i had the address wrong or something, as long as its done by the directions of uscis to the post office, i dont think we have to worry abt that. it takes an extra day, but i believe that a day's difference in receiving the n400 does not have a huge impact on the processing time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi sreeleshk,

The oath eligible date is the 5th anniversary of your green card (the "resident since" date on it); or the 3rd anniversary, if you are applying based on a 3-yr marriage to a USC.

Since your LPR date is 02/20/2003, your oath eligible date would have been 02/20/2008. This is not the same as the oath date, which is an appointment given to you after apptroval at the interview. Some people apply early (since you can apply 90 days prior to your oath eligible date), and if the process is too quick, some people go to the interview before they are oath-eligible and get a "Decision cannot be made", which can potentially delay the last stage of your case. Also, some offices do same-day oaths, which would be a problem if you are interviewing too early.

Anyway, you don't need to worry about it, since you are not applying early! :D

actually i thought that the oath eligible date is what the IO gives you after the interview. so for me what will be the oath eligibility date ?

Hi sreeleshk,

The oath eligible date is the 5th anniversary of your green card (the "resident since" date on it); or the 3rd anniversary, if you are applying based on a 3-yr marriage to a USC.

Since your LPR date is 02/20/2003, your oath eligible date would have been 02/20/2008. This is not the same as the oath date, which is an appointment given to you after apptroval at the interview. Some people apply early (since you can apply 90 days prior to your oath eligible date), and if the process is too quick, some people go to the interview before they are oath-eligible and get a "Decision cannot be made", which can potentially delay the last stage of your case. Also, some offices do same-day oaths, which would be a problem if you are interviewing too early.

Anyway, you don't need to worry about it, since you are not applying early! :D

thanks goldin03,

i was getting confused with all these terminologies, u dont really know whether it applies to u or not.

Good luck...

I think all it means is one should just send application via USPS.

Hi WBH ~

Actually, I am not so sure about your statement. It seems that many people who sent their packet via private couriers (UPS, FedEx) got their NOA sooner. All USPS mail (whether 1st class, priority, or express) goes to a PO box, but anything delivered by courier services ends up at the physical address in Lewisville. Only USPS mail addressed to the street address is forwarded and therefore delayed.

Either way, the difference is only a few days. I know this is a big deal to all of us who have been waiting for this for many years, myself included, but in the big scheme of things it probably is a "drop in the bucket." USCIS has many other ways to screw up our timelines by losing application materials, forgetting to send appointment notices, etc... :rolleyes:

Either way, here is the bottom line:

• Send any USPS mail (including Express Mail) to the P.O. box address in Dallas, TX
  • List any non-USPS mail to the street address in Lewisville, TX
  • The old P.O. box in Lewisville is now defunct; DO NOT send any mail there! :)

I think all it means is one should just send application via USPS.

Send my N400 to the above address.. Got message from USPS that it been forwarded to lockbox in Dallas..

Quick search in the forum revealed that they closed this facility and forwarding mail to Dallas. So save time and money and send the docs directly to Dallas..

Applications are forwarded to Dallas with little delay, so what do you mean by "save time and money"?

You could save $10 by sending them directly PO box via priority mail... which would probably faster than sending it to Lewisville, TX and forwarding..

You could save $10 by sending them directly PO box via priority mail... which would probably faster than sending it to Lewisville, TX and forwarding..
Just as you can save $10 by sending it via priority mail in the first place. The fact is that USCIS realizes that applicants are still using the old address and forwards any mail from Lewisville to Dallas automatically without significant delay.

I have the exactly same situation as yours. I did an online research myself and found out that before December last year there used to be a regular mail lockbox in Lewisville; since then the USCIS asked the local post office to forward all REGULAR mails to Dallas lockbox; HOWEVER, if you use express mail, they should still deliver it to the Lewisville office. I believe the people working at Lewisville post office is so stupid that they forward all express mail to Dallas lockbox as well!!!