Do not have original passport during interview

hh023

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,
I have been following this wonderful forum.
I'd like to thank all contributors for the helpful info.

I have a question which I can't find any thread talking about it:

I am a GC holder based on asylum. I sent in my original COP passport along with my asylum application (now I know that I shouldn't have done that) and never got it back.
So thinking I never need that passport, I never made a new one, plus I try to avoid my country's embassy.
All I have is partial copy (first page and the visa pages) of my old passport.

So my question is, when they ask for the passport on the interview, will they give me trouble for not having it?

If anybody could help me with this, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you,
Hans

Explain your situation during interview. They ask you for trips since you got your GC, so if you haven't had a passport since you applied for GC I assume you haven't taken any trips out of the country so you'll leave that part of the application blank. It shouldn't be a complication, but with USCIS you never know.

Thanks for reply Huracan.

I did take a trip out of the country for our honeymoon using our Travel Document, which I also don't have anymore because I returned it when applying for a new Travel Document (now I realize that I didn't need to turn in my old RTD).

So I will show them my a copy of my old unused passport and a copy of my old RTD that I used.

If anybody has anymore suggestions, please let me know, I would reall appreciate it.

Thanks,
Hans

Thanks for reply Huracan.

I did take a trip out of the country for our honeymoon using our Travel Document, which I also don't have anymore because I returned it when applying for a new Travel Document (now I realize that I didn't need to turn in my old RTD).

So I will show them my a copy of my old unused passport and a copy of my old RTD that I used.

If anybody has anymore suggestions, please let me know, I would reall appreciate it.

Thanks,
Hans

Do exactly as you said. By the way, you are required to turn in your old Refugee Travel Document when you apply for a new one.

Dear if any one can help me I also expecting interview very soon but prolem is iI was robed in 2008 and guy too my bag on gum point and i lost my valuable passport which had mostly my entry/exit now I don't under stand what to do I got my new possport and police report was kept by consulate.. please advise me what to do? should I go without passport? or what..plz plz answer me ASAP.

Do not have passport!

xman2000,

Your post says "I got my new possport and police report was kept by consulate."

So you do have your new passport from the consulate - take that with you.

Regards,

I had a similar problem in that I lost my old passports. I am a pack rat so I had saved all the boarding passes and tickets and took them with me. IO never asked for anything more than my GC & Drivers License.

So, go prepared and take all docs you can, but don't fret too much about it. I don't think its an issue. Just don't volunteer any more information than asked.