Do not go for GC-CP in Pakistan, go for AOS

imqwer

Registered Users (C)
I decided to go for CP after reading favorable mails on this site. But my own experience is horrible. I was interviewd last week in E3 category in Islamabad. everything was right, they said so but have put my application for some clearance - may be name check from Wahington. Now I am in Pakistan and thinking whether to travel back to US on my H1 visa.
I am so angry. Why didn't I go for AOS? Almost all the applicants through Islamabad have to go through this shit these days.
Does any one have any idea how much time does it take to complete this so called administrative processing - name check clearance? They said it takes 45 days, but I doubt it.

imqwer said:
I decided to go for CP after reading favorable mails on this site. But my own experience is horrible. I was interviewd last week in E3 category in Islamabad. everything was right, they said so but have put my application for some clearance - may be name check from Wahington. Now I am in Pakistan and thinking whether to travel back to US on my H1 visa.
I am so angry. Why didn't I go for AOS? Almost all the applicants through Islamabad have to go through this shit these days.
Does any one have any idea how much time does it take to complete this so called administrative processing - name check clearance? They said it takes 45 days, but I doubt it.

Sorry about your situation but you should note this is not unique to cases
at Islamabad. Candidates at other Consulates are also subjected to name
check after their interview and are getting their Visas once that is finished.

You may want to check the thread 'Article on FBI Name check' for some more
details.

I did not see any pattern to the time it takes for this clearance.

Raju

Security Clearence

I cann't undeerstand why they are doing name check NVC already done so when they process the case. Only people who work TAL (Technology Alert List) companies need to go through security clearence again. Well in Paksitan you can expect all kinds of things. I hope you will ge the clearence soon.

well I just wanted to alert all future CP goers in Pakistan. If you are in US, then you will have to make at least two trips. First for the interview and then again when the clearance comes. I have been told that the time it takes may vary from 45 days - indefinite . AND the lady at the consulate said you are not sure if they would ask for any more clearance second time too because their routine keeps on changing. So for any person working in US, CP through Islamabad is not feasible against AOS now. Earlier it was not like that. Now they put almost every case to this administrative processing shit. I cannot understand why they can't do this before calling for interview. The only thing that comes to my mind is that they want to discourage people from Muslim background and nothing else.

Imqwer

so sorry to hear abt your case going like this. And thanks for your advice to the Forum to go AOS route. Can you pls tell if you are back in US on your H1B or still in Pakistan ?

I wish that you clear this namecheck and get your GC fast .

make informed decisions

Well, I have not posted any of the postings on this forum just to express my frustration or anger. I wrote only because I want to let the future GC seekers from Pakistan to know about this terrible procedure called 'Administrative Processing' by US embassy. I feel that this situation will be faced by almost every one who decides to go CP through Islamabad in future. So, I want them to be fully aware of all this and make an informed decision.

When I decided to go for CP against AOS, I did not find any such thing on any forum because this check was not in palce at that time. This FBI name clearance thing started in the mid of 2004. Everone before that time went fine. The experience posted by people was so good that I went for CP without any hesitation. But now this is not the case and I want others to make an informed decision in the future.

Also I want to clarify that this situation is with Muslim names only. I do not need to comment on the reasons.

Bhasu,
Thanks for your wish. I returned to the US on my existing H1 and doing fine; just that I had to delay all my plans.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you got your clearance ?

imqwer,

Have you got your clearance ? When? My husband went for interview on May 12 in Islamabad and was under the same administrative processing. I am very upset.

8 months for NNCP/ Visa Condor thru Islamabad

You are absolutely justified in being upset. My clearance took 8 months. But one of my friends is still waiting for the last 13 months for his clearance. So, you never know. But I would suggest you to contact your congress man and senators if you are in the US. I did that and may be that 's the reason why I got it in 8 months, who knows !! If you are in Pakistan, you cannot do anything except praying.

Last edited by a moderator: