DO NOT contact congressman as advised in previous postings

suresh_colo

Registered Users (C)
I contact congressman Jim Sensenbrenner at 262-784-1111 as posted here in this discussion board.

A very polite gentleman answered the phone and explained to me that congressman Jim DOES NOT oversee the INS as stated.
Everything related to the INS will now be handled by the Homeland Security department.

I explained our frustration and he strongly encouraged me to contact my local congress representative.
He told me that each congressman regardless of being a republican or democrat has an assistant that can handle immigration issues.

LETS CONTACT OUR "LOCAL CONGRESSMEN" AND ASK THEM TO INVESTIGATE WHAT'S GOING ON WITH THE INS.
WE WANT REASONS FOR THE FREEZE AND NEW REAL TIMEFRAMES.

Jim is the head of the congressional committee.

No kidding he is not in charge of the INS. That is an EXECUTIVE
branch of the government. He is part of the LEGISLATIVE branch of the government.

The legislative branch is where drafting of laws, budgets and overseeing of EXECUTIVE departments is done. Translation, he has a tremendous amount of influence on the departments & agencies his committe oversees. Ensure they are working with in the LAWS passed by the legislative & executive branches of the government.

GEEZ, buddy you better brush up on US GOVERNMENT 101.

Man, bet this person is one of those NSC IIOs who frequent this website. SCARY isn't it.

Below is from his website.

In Congress, I have the honor of serving as Chairman of the Committee on the Judiciary. Heading this prestigious committee provides me with an excellent opportunity to better serve residents of Wisconsin's Ninth District. To find out more about my work on the committee, please visit the judiciary web site.

Ok, Jim.
So contact the guy yourself at 262-784-1111 as you posted and share the results with us.

Is that cool enough?

Jim,

Nice try to present yourself as an expert on constitution. To accuse Suresh as a spy IIOs is bad taste on your part. Sensenbrenner represents primarily wisconsin ninth district. You are saying he has a lot of influence on INS decisions. Well, thats your opinion. Need not make sense for the rest of us. Its not going to help our cause to show each other in bad light.

Neb_queue

You are right, terrible judgement on my part.

Guess I assumed. I assumed that we have all tried our local
representatives (both senators & congressmen). We all know
they have assistants to help with immigration conerns.

My thinking was go right to the elected official who oversees the INS, and if we concentrated our efforts, this horrible problem will come to light. He might just might be able to do something, pressure anything to get those beached whales at the INS to do something. He has been a harsh critic of the INS.

Jesus Christ, having people wait more than 2 years for approval for no reason is cruel and just shows the incredable ineptitude of that agency, particularly the Nebraska Service Center.

I really don't believe Suresh is an IIO. Just blew off some steam.

Suresh I apologize for my previous post.

I think people should appreciate Jim Spiel's effort. And that is a smart idea too.

I also admire that fact that suresh_colo made the call.

We are not the problem. INS is.

Last edited by a moderator: