Do I still a need a Visa Stamp on my Passport?

pandeyraj

Registered Users (C)
My concern is whether I can travel with my Advance Parole Documents (Travel Docs) even if the Visa Stamp on my Passport has expired in Feb '05.
BackGround: My concurrent I140 got approved last month and the Visa Stamp on my passport expired in Feb '05.
I have a valid Advance Parole Doc till Feb '06, so can I travel to India and back yo the US even if the Visa Stamp on my passport has expired?

AP has nothing to do with visa stamp. They are for same purpose and not dependent on each other. Visa is for entry into USA, AP is for entry into USA.

If you have a pending I-485 and you have a valid AP, yes you can travel and come back to US. You don't need a visa to travel when you have an AP.

H1 or EAD...?

My H1 is valid till 31 July ,I have applied for the extension.
I will be traveling to India in the last week of june and coming back on July 22.
I cant get appointment in mumbai consulate for july ( available dates are already in july and they need all my approval notices which i am yet to get)

1. can i travel back on the Visa thats valid till 31 july ,just 9 days before the expiry ?
2. If i have the approval notice of my H1 extension but dont have H1 visa,can i come ?
3. If i use AP ,will my status change to EAD ?
4. what is the safest thing to have ? be on H1 or be on EAD ?

Please reply with your views. I greatly appreciate any responses

Use AP

girishb said:
My H1 is valid till 31 July ,I have applied for the extension.
I will be traveling to India in the last week of june and coming back on July 22.
I cant get appointment in mumbai consulate for july ( available dates are already in july and they need all my approval notices which i am yet to get)

1. can i travel back on the Visa thats valid till 31 july ,just 9 days before the expiry ?
2. If i have the approval notice of my H1 extension but dont have H1 visa,can i come ?
3. If i use AP ,will my status change to EAD ?
4. what is the safest thing to have ? be on H1 or be on EAD ?

Please reply with your views. I greatly appreciate any responses

Using AP is the best option for you. Dont worry about the H1 extension.