Do I qualify for NIW??

architectintx

Guys,
Would appreciate if any of you who went through the NIW process advise me whether my qualifications give me any chance at all to get through the NIW process.

-Masters Degree from US

-4yrs work experience

-Memebership in Professional Society Orgs

-Licensed Professional Engineer

Appreciate your help

Shree

Did you publish any of your work ? Is you work reported in News articles ? DO you work for govt. ? Is your work in National Interest? Any prizes or awards ? What would be the consequence to US if they loose you because of not getting your services ? How are you better than other engineers in your field? Answer these questions to get best reply.

Thanks for your response :

Information for your queries goes as below :

1)Did you publish any of your work ?

I have Masters Degree in Naval Architecture with Thesis option but I didnt not publish any research papers summarizing my work.

2)Is you work reported in News articles ?

No

3)DO you work for govt. ?

I work for the oil & gas industry which is pretty much under corporates

4)Is your work in National Interest?

Yes, I design offshore oil drilling platforms in Gulf of Mexico which in a way aids in solving the energy scarcity issues in USA

5)Any prizes or awards ?

None at professional level,but I hold a Professional Engineer License in Texas

6)What would be the consequence to US if they loose you because of not getting your services ?

I am a Naval Architect working in deepwater Oil & Gas industry and my profession is extremely specialized ( to an extent that only 5~10%of the engineers working in my field are Americans ).

7)How are you better than other engineers in your field?

Again the same as # 6 , my area of interest in my field of work is very critical to the overall interest of deepwater oil & gas production facilities construction . So that should offer me good edge.

Let me know your honest opinions.

Thanks

You know, I think with a job like that and a well-prepared petition you just may get it. But with 95% of the field being foreign I don't see how LC would be a problem.

Ideally you should get it but you need to show evidences for substantial merit, your are one the best among your peers, you are better than others in your field (read NYSDOT third prong). You would also need a strong arguement that if you were to go back there would be significant energy related problems in US. You would need letters from all the senior engneers in your field saying that you are the best. I would suggest getting letters from US Naval officers, if possible. Collect all evidences and letters and send them to few law groups who could asses your NIW potential for free. See what they say. Goodluck !

Hey... you're not the guy they had to bring to Ingleside when a rig came in, and they couldn't find anyone with enough brains locally to figure it out?

NIW-Nov 04 said:
Ideally you should get it but you need to show evidences for substantial merit, your are one the best among your peers, you are better than others in your field (read NYSDOT third prong). You would also need a strong arguement that if you were to go back there would be significant energy related problems in US. You would need letters from all the senior engneers in your field saying that you are the best. I would suggest getting letters from US Naval officers, if possible. Collect all evidences and letters and send them to few law groups who could asses your NIW potential for free. See what they say. Goodluck !

could you kindly provide the names or the web sites for those law groups that could review the NIW potential for free
thanks a lot