Do I need transit visa for UK while traveling via UK.

gravedancer

Registered Users (C)
All,
If you have the time, Kindly help me with some advice.

Currently, I'm in pending AOS state, with I-140 approved, and have my EAD and AP documents.
However I have not got my passport stamped with my renewed HI-B visa.

If I have to travel to India via UK ( only transit not for visit), I want to figure out if I need a Direct Airside Transit (DAT) visa.

According to the british consulate website,
(http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/servlet/F...t/Xcelerate/ShowPage&c=Page&cid=1006977149962)

Do I Need A UK Visa says the following for my case:

You asked if a national of India needs a visa to pass through the UK in transit.

Yes, you need a Direct Airside Transit (DAT) visa, unless you qualify for exemption because you hold one of the following:

a valid visa for entry to Canada or the USA and, regardless of the routing you choose, your ticketing includes a visit to Canada or the USA;
a valid airline ticket for travel via the United Kingdom as part of a journey from Canada or the United States of America to another country or territory, providing that you do not seek to transit the United Kingdom on a date more than six months from the date on which you last entered Canada or the USA with a valid visa;
a US I - 551 Permanent Residence Card (Green Card) issued on or after 21 April 1998;
a US Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration - Form 155
an expired I - 551 Permanent Residence Card and a valid letter authorising its extension from a US Embassy/Consulate;
a Canadian Permanent Residence Card issued on or after 28 June 2002;
a valid Category D visa issued by EU/EEA member states;
a common format EU residence permit issued under Council Regulation (EC) No 1030/2002.

Nationals of certain countries, which includes India - unless exempt as detailed above - must have a DAT visa to transit through the United Kingdom. The visa does not allow entry to the UK: other than to catch a connecting flight, leaving from the same airport on the same day, where you do not need to pass through immigration control to catch the flight. This is called Direct Airside Transit.

One of exception to the DAT Visa rule are individuals with US Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration - Form 155.

Is I-140 approved copy a good proof for a US Immigrant Visa.
What is Form 155 ? I have the EAD card which has the A# , is that enough ?

If you have valid Visa on your passport while your travelling, then you dont need DAT, usually people whom Visa has expired and have renewed I-94 going India for stamping or people with expired Visa travelling on AP, etc Need DAT while Travelling through UK.
in sort if you USA VISA is valid when u are leaving from here you should be good.

You need transit visa if travelling on AP through UK

I will be travelling on AP (I-485) via London and need a transit visa...however you don't need one if you have H-1 visa.

For transit visa you need to bring the following to the consulate :
$51
Passport
One passport size picture
AP documents
EAD Card
Valid I-94
Confirmed Flight Reservations