• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

do i need to translate my University or high school diploma?

danijelabnza

Registered Users (C)
I have interview in June and i'm preparing my documents and since i have university degree do i need to translate my University or just High school Diploma? Thanks everybody and good luck....
dv2006

danijelabnza said:
I have interview in June and i'm preparing my documents and since i have university degree do i need to translate my University or just High school Diploma? Thanks everybody and good luck....
dv2006
The higher the better. ;)
You should translate your University diploma.

... but do not forget your high school diploma as well. Some officers at Consulates or AOS officers want to see the high school diploma ONLY. Strange as it may seem I know people who brought their university diplomas to the interview and were asked to come back once again with their high school diplomas. There is no one strict rule. But you have to be prepared for any possible scenario.
When I had my interview, the officer asked me to show her my high school diploma. She said she didn't want to see my university diploma at all...
Good luck,
Greg_DV2006

Last edited by a moderator:
greg_dv2006 said:
... but do not forget your high school diploma as well. Some officers at Consulates or AOS officers want to see the high school diploma ONLY. Strange as it may seem I know people who brought their university diplomas to the interview and were asked to come back once again with their high school diplomas. There is no one strict rule. But you have to be prepared for any possible scenario.
When I had my interview, the officer asked me to show her my high school diploma. She said she doesn't want to see my university diploma at all...
Good luck,
Greg_DV2006
Thanks for the info, Greg. :)
In my country, when applying for university you should give them your original HS Diploma... Pretty stupid rule... :rolleyes:
In other words, if you get higher education, your HS Diploma stays with that educational institution. Now, I guess, I have to tell my sister to get her and her husband's HS Diplomas from the university they attended.

Hey Anahit,

No they don't. Only the principal applicant has to prove that he/she fulfills the education or work experience requirements.
Take care,
Greg_DV2006

greg_dv2006 said:
Hey Anahit,

No they don't. Only the principal applicant has to prove that he/she fulfills the education or work experience requirements.
Take care,
Greg_DV2006
Thanks, Greg. :)