Do I need to send copy of my apartment lease with 1-485

Ruddin

Registered Users (C)
Hi Everyone,

I need help before I send the all necessary document to Chicago lock box
DO I need to send my apartment lease copy with all forme (I-485,I-130,I-765,G-325A,I-846)??? Thanks in advance for you kind help and time.

Ruddin

Why would they? Does the I-485 ask for such evidence?

Although I -485 Does not require that to be submitted as evidence the I-130 does require you to submit one or more of the following to show bonafida marriage.
  • Document showing joint ownership of property
  • Lease showing Joint tenancy Common residence.
  • Documentation of co-mingling of finances ( best is Joint filed tax return)
  • Birth Certs of Children Born to you & intending immigrant spouse
  • Affidavits from 3rd parties having personal Knowledge of Bona fida marriage

Come time for the interview you will be asked to bring evidence of co-mingled finances, evidence of living together to the interview. So it will be good to have it at the time of interview.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-130.pdf See Page 2 of I-130 instructions

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-485.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Everyone,
DO I need to send my apartment lease copy with all forme (I-485,I-130,I-765,G-325A,I-846)??? Thanks in advance for you kind help and time.
Ruddin

Ruddin-
YES I-130 does requireyou to submit one or more of the following to show bonafida marriage.
  • Document showing joint ownership of property
  • Lease showing Joint tenancy Common residence.
  • Documentation of co-mingling of finances ( best is Joint filed tax return)
  • Birth Certs of Children Born to you & intending immigrant spouse
  • Affidavits from 3rd parties having personal Knowledge of Bona fida marriage

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-130.pdf See Page 2 of I-130 instructions

Send it as Attached to I-130, You should send all forms together with seperate checks in one package!

Last edited by a moderator:
It Is Required

Hi Everyone,

I need help before I send the all necessary document to Chicago lock box

Ruddin

RUDY , send these supporting docs attached to your I130....yes u need to prove a genuine marriage even b4 u see the IO face-2-face.

RUDY , send these supporting docs attached to your I130....yes u need to prove a genuine marriage even b4 u see the IO face-2-face.

Exactly As stated in I-130 Instructions
someone else here knows how to read:cool:

Also Have copy available come time for interview

Hi Everyone,

I am sorry I wasn't in town so couldn't answer, Anyway I have sent it without apartment lease, so I guess I need to wait till I get RFE ( Which I hope not).

That's alright Dr_LHA was trying to help me but he didnt pay attention to my question, which I understand....Thanks anyway Dr_lha.

Thanks for everyone else who answered my query !

I believe they ask on a either/or basis. Meaning, you can send one of the following things to prove your relationship.

So if you send them a marriage certificate, that is enough. But it always should help to send more supporting documents. Am I right?

It says: "submit one or more". So I don't think you would be getting a RFE. But again I am new =)

WOW, I forgot to include the lease in our application. It's amazing we didn't get an RFE. They just went forward with the interview (june 5th).

That's alright Dr_LHA was trying to help me but he didnt pay attention to my question, which I understand....Thanks anyway Dr_lha.
That's a little unfair I think. Your question was do you have to send the apartment lease info with the I-485. The answer I gave is correct, "no".

However you do have to send it with the I-130.

Still I'm glad you got it all sorted out. Sounded like you did the right thing in th e end.