Do I need to Register

shriyaz

Registered Users (C)
Hello

I was simply born on BAhrain (one of the call in group II countries). I was and am neither a national or a citizen of Bahrain

I am an indian citizen and so have been my parents from birth

Unde the circumstances do i have to register? Is anyone else in the same boat? please advise

Thanks

We do have to register.. according to other people

According to other people we have to register. The good news is that anyone with a pending I-485 will not be detained.

Here is my status:
I was born in Pakistan, however I abandoned my Pakistani citizenship and nationality by becoming a Swedish citizen (they require you to abdicate former citizenship and nationality). Somehow people are saying that I still have to do it.

You do not have to register if you were only born in one of those countries and do not hold citizenship there... Only the Citizens of those countries have to register.

Are you sure Furat?

According to what other people are saying, regardless of whatever citizenship or nationality you possess you still have to register if you were born in one of those countries.

Infact there used to be an example on AILA's website regarding this.

In fact I saw a case on AILA's web site which is exactly applicable to me. This case was written up on 01/30/03 which is pretty recent.

Here is the text:

"Registrant who was born in UAE - citizen of India. His parents still live in UAE "working". He went to register. He had a short interview, but the officer apparently did not question his "ties" to UAE. Eventually, since the Officer was apparently not able to "log" onto the computer, he finally said "No need to register". Did not give the client any documentation - nor stamp."

Thanks

you need to go if.....

If you are born in any of the registration countries INS will register you even if you hold any other citizenship.

For group 3: Pakistanis & Saudis only about 10 working days remaining, it is prudent to go ASAP.

this means that if a person is born in

Saudi Arabia to American citizens, will have to register even though he is a US citizen. That analogy is bull crap.

TPK

TPK,

Read the rules. It says immigants and USC do not have to register.

Man, you need serious help!