Do I need to Inform USCIS

GC201

Registered Users (C)
Guys,

I have a complicated company names question. I appreciate your suggestions.

I started work in comapnay A from year 2000, and started Labor Certification (LC) by RIR at company A in 2001. The LC was approved in March 2003. My attoney filed I-140/I-485 through company A in April 2003. Then company had changed: in July 2003, company A was accuired by company B, at this time company B was subsidiary of company C, in January 2004, company C and it's subsidiary company B were all named company name D. I am working in company D now, I-140 was approved ( the petition is comapny A) in August 2004, and I485 is pending.

I has been working as same job title and duty through company A, B, C, D. My attoney doesn't know the company name changed. If I tell my attoney, he maybe charge some money and send some files to USCIS.

Do I need to Inform USCIS for the company names changed ? even though my I-140 was approved in company A.

Thanks a lot!

GC201 said:
Guys,

I have a complicated company names question. I appreciate your suggestions.

I started work in comapnay A from year 2000, and started Labor Certification (LC) by RIR at company A in 2001. The LC was approved in March 2003. My attoney filed I-140/I-485 through company A in April 2003. Then company had changed: in July 2003, company A was accuired by company B, at this time company B was subsidiary of company C, in January 2004, company C and it's subsidiary company B were all named company name D. I am working in company D now, I-140 was approved ( the petition is comapny A) in August 2004, and I485 is pending.

I has been working as same job title and duty through company A, B, C, D. My attoney doesn't know the company name changed. If I tell my attoney, he maybe charge some money and send some files to USCIS.

Do I need to Inform USCIS for the company names changed ? even though my I-140 was approved in company A.

Thanks a lot!

Whenever there is change in company ownership or there is change in tax id usually they file an amendment to I-140. This is little less then doing full I-140 itself and takes time. Usually I will avoid doing I-140 amendment.

Since you filed in 2003 and I-140 is approved you are clearly eligible for AC-21. If any RFE is raised you can show that you used AC-21 as if this is a new job.

Keep the copy of papers related this merger and renaming of the company.

Thanks tammy2

Thanks tammy2. I will be quiet and don't inform USCIS. Everyone including lawyer tries to do extra work and make money.