do I need to have my passport stamped?

abakor

Registered Users (C)
Gurus,

Both my wife and me got the GCs quite fast (we actually did receive the plastic I-551 cards), which means that our passport did not get stamped. I was the primary applicant throught the whole process (wife applied as a dependent of me).
Here are my questions for you:

1. Do we still have to call and get an appointment to have our passports stamped?

My guess is that we don't, since the stamp is temporary (valid for max. 1 year) and it is used as a substitute (until one gets the plastc GCs), but need confirmation.

2. I did receive an approval notice (form ) before the plastic GC, but my wife did not (we both got our GCs the same day). Is this a problem? I called USCIS and was told not to worry. I do, however, believe that it's good to have that form in our hands, just in case. Please share your experience.

3. Forms I-94 (arrival/departure record) are still attached to our passports (mine is for H-1B, my wife's for F-1). Should we send them somewhere, should we take them out of our passports, or should we just leave them in our passports -- so that, the first time we'll travel abroad, the airline company clerk will take them out and later hand them to USCIS?

Please share your thoughts/experience. Thanks!

abakor

Thanks dimag_mari!

What should I do to get that approval notice? Any thoughts?
Thanks and all the best!

abakor