Do I need to carry both AP copies while travelling?

mes127

Registered Users (C)
I just received my AP (two original copies) and I travel for business next week. Do I need to carry both copies?

I just received my AP (two original copies) and I travel for business next week. Do I need to carry both copies?

Yes you need to carry both, You give both of them to the parol officer when you enter US, the parole officer will stamp on one and return both of them to you.

Note: You need to fill up the I-94 card as you did with H-1 Visa, but there is question on I-94 card that asks you where you got the visa( visa stamping)? leave this space blank. I am writing to you about this because I was confused if we need to fill I-94 card or not.
You submit this along with your AP to the officer and he will staple the I-94 with the date( same as they did for H-1)

Additional info

Yes you need to carry both, You give both of them to the parol officer when you enter US, the parole officer will stamp on one and return both of them to you.

Note: You need to fill up the I-94 card as you did with H-1 Visa, but there is question on I-94 card that asks you where you got the visa( visa stamping)? leave this space blank. I am writing to you about this because I was confused if we need to fill I-94 card or not.
You submit this along with your AP to the officer and he will staple the I-94 with the date( same as they did for H-1)

I would also like to clear a doubt. I too got 2 copies of my AP. Its I-512L. Its my first time on AP and there is a X on the checkbox before approved. Does it imply its approved. It also mentions bearer is authorized for multiple travel till Oct 2008 as applied. Can i take it as approval and go ahead with my travel plans.Any inputs.

Yes chacolate, you are all clean to travel. Mine is exactly like yours and my lawyer told me that I have multiple entry previlage with my AP.

But I won't travel since my current visa is TN and I don't have EAD number yet, which means I can come back to the country but I can not work till I receive my EAD!!!!

Additional info

Yes chacolate, you are all clean to travel. Mine is exactly like yours and my lawyer told me that I have multiple entry previlage with my AP.

But I won't travel since my current visa is TN and I don't have EAD number yet, which means I can come back to the country but I can not work till I receive my EAD!!!!

Thanks for the input. One more doubt. I had a CIMT almost 2 yrs back. Will it be a problem while coming back for my wife?This is our first time and it drives me to tension thinking about it. Last time when she went it was horrifying as she was held up in India for 4 months. It was for visa stamping?Any inputs.

AP is only like a entry visa for certain period of time while one member of the family is changing the status.

Yahoo!!

I am happy to inform my wife made it back with 2 AP copies. was asked routine questions like where do i work,employer based GC,my name,why i changed companies last yr. And told her did she see the snow outside. She was scared as a couple before her were grilled for 10 min. H1 and H4 .Just wanted to inform everybody.

H4 or AP at port of entry?

We came back by presenting only our H1 & H4 though we had our APs. Is that ok? Should we have presented APs to the officer? At the back of the I-94 arrival record, we did mention the A# though.

Advance Parole & H1B

I got my EAD and Advance Parole valid through Nov 1, 2008

But I applied for my GC as future employment, i.e: I am on H1 with Company A - and Company B filed for i140, i485 and i131 (AP). I told company B that I will join you after March (after i complete my current Project).

So, my status summary:

Company A - Current Employer - on H1B - Have all paystubs
Company B - Future Employer - applied all GC paper through them

My question:

I am planning to leave for India in December and want to re-enter using Advance Parole.
  1. Can i enter on Advance Parole of Company B?
  2. Will it matter that I have not worked for Company B - at all - and am using their Advance Parole to enter?
  3. Do I need any paperwork from Company B to show it to the Parole officer?

-Paddy