Do I need to bring my wife to the interview?

GhostRider

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

I have my interview set for next month. I'm applying for citzenship based on marriage.

Question: does my wife need to be there with me? (She is a U.S. citizen)
The reason I'm asking is because we have a 1.5 year old daughter that may pose quite of a challenge to bring along as well. I'd like to avoid having them come along if there is no real need to.

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks in advance

Hi all,

I have my interview set for next month. I'm applying for citzenship based on marriage.

Question: does my wife need to be there with me? (She is a U.S. citizen)
The reason I'm asking is because we have a 1.5 year old daughter that may pose quite of a challenge to bring along as well. I'd like to avoid having them come along if there is no real need to.

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks in advance

No, you are not required to bring her to the interview although the interviewing officer is at liberty to ask to speak to her if he/she wishes to do so and if she is not there, the IO would continue your application.

I never brought mine with me, the IO just asked why she didn't come and I just told him she was sleeping because of her work schedual. No problems...

I guess, question of bringing the spouse with you comes up for application based on 3 yr right?
and NOT with 5 yrs. and GC obtained through employment?

well, like I said, bringing her means I need to bring my daughter as well. She is too young to understand where she is and to just sit there quietly. She is only 18 mo. old and it will be a huge deal trying to keep her at one place. I'm not saying we cannot control her, but she is simply too young for that kind of an environmental setting.

You do not need to bring your spouse. You don't get bonus points for doing so. Depending on the office, it will just be a long wait.

At my interview they didn't even ask to see the marriage certificate (but of course you have to bring all required paperwork).

My app was based on marriage, I had interview today. Although they NEVER mention it in any papers you receive (like interview invite), I strongly recommend bringing spouse to interview!! I came alone, as my hubbie had to work and didn't think it was a big deal... First thing she asked me when I walked in was whether there was anyone with me? Strange I thought. When she got midway though asking me ?? from the app, she said she would need to bring him in or call him. She ended up calling him to work, luckily. Don't go through this if you don't have to, my advice.